SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see all three storms being white rain or non-accumulating snow. This smells like a situation where DCA is getting cold rain and sparky is posting pics of his freshly plowed driveway after 5 inches of wet snow.

I think the last is DC's best chance but all of them could end up being disappointing. 

I thought you said you liked the NAM? lol

When it's used right. Cue the 'this is a weather forum' rebuttal. I firmly believe in a majority of cases looking at the NAM at range for a winter storm doesn't help the forecast at all and might hurt it. I don't even think it 'seeing cold well' is that valid of an excuse since its run way cold this winter on avg plus the globals are fairly high res now. I know a lot of it is that it comes first in the regular models but still painful.

Totally off topic i saw George Brett in LAX yesterday and he was super nice and even didn't mind signing stuff for my kids.

Everyone always says this about him. Good to hear this about a celebrity/athlete for a change. I got his autograph when I was 12 back in 1985 at baseball camp. He may be the only player ever to win a batting title in three different decades. Go on youtube and look for the video where he tells a hilarious story about the time he crapped his pants in Las Vegas.

Everyone always says this about him. Good to hear this about a celebrity/athlete for a change. I got his autograph when I was 12 back in 1985 at baseball camp. He may be the only player ever to win a batting title in three different decades. Go on youtube and look for the video where he tells a hilarious story about the time he crapped his pants in Las Vegas.

Lol i will go check that out. He was one of the nicest athletes i have ever met and i have met plenty in my time.

Archived