• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

That sucks. Normal vaccine or the nasal spray this year? We were told by our ped that the nasal spray was better, so we tried it out. So far, no flu. Hope it doesn't last too long for the kiddo.

Her and I both got the normal vaccine. Hoping it passes quickly.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ Alive...WMATA is a debacle.

Stuck at Gallery Place...they made no announcement that the train on the opposite platform was reversing and going the way I wanted to go.   I'm like wtf?  Then we're all sitting there on the other side looking at each other in disbelief.   I said **** it and took an uber (surge pricing...screw you uber) home.

Stuck at Gallery Place...they made no announcement that the train on the opposite platform was reversing and going the way I wanted to go.   I'm like wtf?  Then we're all sitting there on the other side looking at each other in disbelief.   I said **** it and took an uber (surge pricing...screw you uber) home.

That is the one time Uber really f"s you with the surge pricing bs.

Stuck at Gallery Place...they made no announcement that the train on the opposite platform was reversing and going the way I wanted to go. I'm like wtf? Then we're all sitting there on the other side looking at each other in disbelief. I said **** it and took an uber (surge pricing...screw you uber) home.

I would have done the same. Probably would have skipped metro. Man, they are going to have to justify the budget if this is some lack of diligence on their part.

I would have done the same. Probably would have skipped metro. Man, they are going to have to justify the budget if this is some lack of diligence on their part.

They are pretty close to criminally negligent. We were just talking about this like 3 days ago in this thread. I'd like to think that this will begin to bring some accountability back but I'm not sure.. 9 people did die a few years ago and it's still way safer than most means of transport.  But it's very easy to imagine a number of additional incidents similar or worse, and clearly they weren't prepared at all which makes you extra nervous in a city that is expecting to be attacked by terrorists again some day.. on a one of the most likely platforms for such. 

They are pretty close to criminally negligent. We were just talking about this like 3 days ago in this thread. I'd like to think that this will begin to bring some accountability back but I'm not sure.. 9 people did die a few years ago and it's still way safer than most means of transport.  But it's very easy to imagine a number of additional incidents similar or worse, and clearly they weren't prepared at all which makes you extra nervous in a city that is expecting to be attacked by terrorists again some day.. on a one of the most likely platforms for such.

Was thinking the same thing wrt the part about not being prepared for an attack. The metro is a huge target and it appears wmata is asleep at the wheel. I don't know how people remained so calm in that video you shared.

They are pretty close to criminally negligent. We were just talking about this like 3 days ago in this thread. I'd like to think that this will begin to bring some accountability back but I'm not sure.. 9 people did die a few years ago and it's still way safer than most means of transport. But it's very easy to imagine a number of additional incidents similar or worse, and clearly they weren't prepared at all which makes you extra nervous in a city that is expecting to be attacked by terrorists again some day.. on a one of the most likely platforms for such.

I remember we did discuss it here. Let's face it - most metro are open to attack. I was in Paris in 94 and it was like forget trash cans. Bomb havens. And I have been in dicey situations internationally but none freaks me out so much as being on DC Metro in this kind of situation. They do not have a grip at all.

It is amazing that with billions of dollars spent by federal, state, and local agencies for anti-terrorism and preparedness procedures, there is no plan in place to evacuate a metro train in a tunnel.

I am usually a person who can't stand lawsuits but I believe the family of the person that died and other injured victims should definitely sue. 

Ok, the Metro story is more and more ridiculous....84 in hospitals, shocking train videos, black residue on any shield people used to breathe through, and panic underground as the communication stopped for the train. I bet the first thought for many passengers, before any messages from the conductor, was "terrorist attack!" 

Archived