• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model discussion thread

ORH_wxman

"Leaning towards" some solution at 6 days out is not the same as issuing an "iron clad" forecast.

You've been on the boards long enough to stop pretending you don't know the difference. You want a deterministic forecast at 6 days out, but I'm sorry, you aren't getting one from most people at this range. You get probabilistic forecasts with terms like "leaning towards" or "possible" and usually a lot of caveats.

Thank you! 

...lord

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Leaning towards" some solution at 6 days out is not the same as issuing an "iron clad" forecast.

You've been on the boards long enough to stop pretending you don't know the difference. You want a deterministic forecast at 6 days out, but I'm sorry, you aren't getting one from most people at this range. You get probabilistic forecasts with terms like "leaning towards" or "possible" and usually a lot of caveats.

I don't need or want anything from anyone. His sentiments on this from day 1 have been that he perceives this as a non event. There's nothing wrong with expressing that if that's his viewpoint. Certainly is an option

I don't need or want anything from anyone. His sentiments on this from day 1 have been that he perceives this as a non event. There's nothing wrong with expressing that if that's his viewpoint. Certainly is an option

You've grown very, very cranky and confrontational over the past year or so.

Much better look to the system on the 4th on the 12z Euro Ensembles, More of a miller b'ish over running look with a lot of spread it seems back NW, More like the 12z GGEM......fwiw

Yeah the Euro ensembles are pretty amped as a composite mean...but the spread is enormous.

The spread tells us that the confidence on this particular system is really low right now...even for a D5-6 storm.

If folks are wondering for kicks, the composite mean on the EC ensembles probably look best for CNE (prob like from pike to White Mts as a general zone) when taking into account track and mean QPF.

But this doesn't mean a whole lot right now.

Your problem is that you don't know how to distinguish between objective reasoning instances.  

I don't have a "sentiment" one way or the other.  I DO, however, possess the ability to analyse how either result is or is less plausible.

I discussed why the non-event scenario could pan out -- that's not my personal position on matters.  

dude, shut up would you 

Yeah the Euro ensembles are pretty amped as a composite mean...but the spread is enormous.

The spread tells us that the confidence on this particular system is really low right now...even for a D5-6 storm.

I don't have axis to the individual members but it has a big kink in the isobars to the NW so i figure there has to be a few members leaning that way

Your problem is that you don't know how to distinguish between objective reasoning instances.  

I don't have a "sentiment" one way or the other.  I DO, however, possess the ability to analyse how either result is or is less plausible.

I discussed why the non-event scenario could pan out -- that's not my personal position on matters.  

dude, shut up would you 

Jonathon..your not a psychiatrist or a sociologist. You're a meterorolgist. Stick to that as veering away from that tends to get you in trouble.

At any rate.. your idea/forecast is as good as any right now..and again certainly a possibility

Jonathon..your not a psychiatrist or a sociologist. You're a meterorolgist. Stick to that as veering away from that tends to get you in trouble.

At any rate.. your idea/forecast is as good as any right now..and again certainly a possibility

That's the point -- I have not put put a forecast.   

And w t f is that psycho-babble stuff coming from.  What conversation are you having?!   

Euro is partly sunny north of pike with flurries sourh. That's the more likely outcome with the setup. Let hope the north trend commences

Thankfully, I believe we'll see a solid compromise and gets nice event for at least CNE and SNE

What changed in those 90 minutes to make you go from the most likely solution is suppressed with flurries along the south, to a nice event for at least CNE and SNE?

Just reviewing the 12z EURO EPS, and yeah, lots of spread NW.  Everywhere from a 987mb low over northern Michigan, to a weak wave going east off the mid-Atlantic coast.  The mean looks to take a primary into western PA/NY State with a redevelopment near the New England coast into the Gulf of Maine.  The control run (the OP at lower resolution) puts a 990mb low over Montreal.

Looks like literally everything and anything is possible.

The ensemble mean is a weenie run for New England though...looks quite snowy out to day 15.

Just reviewing the 12z EURO EPS, and yeah, lots of spread NW. Everywhere from a 987mb low over northern Michigan, to a weak wave going east off the mid-Atlantic coast. The mean looks to take a primary into western PA/NY State with a redevelopment near the New England coast into the Gulf of Maine. The control run (the OP at lower resolution) puts a 990mb low over Montreal.

Looks like literally everything and anything is possible.

The ensemble mean is a weenie run for New England though...looks quite snowy out to day 15.

Steady as she goes, hopefully. Again, myself and others on here weren't as woeful like some of the posters were with this pattern.

My point is that it's 15 days out...whether we do or not wasn't my point.  If we do, then I wouldn't be betting on it more than two weeks away was all I meant. :santa:

Yes. Whatever the solution at 15 days I'd want some consistency run to run. But often it's a signal that gets stronger as it moves closer.

Archived