Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Annual Grinch Storm: Christmas Cataclysm

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GYX forecast backed off on warmth, though it still will be a mess. However, upper 30s Wed and low 40s Thurs would mean the ground would still be white in the foothills Friday morning.

Could I get some some advise? Taking the fam skiing tomorrow but the forecast from GYX is confusing. Says snow at Attitash till 3 or so, then rain, but Bretton Woods says snow till 10 or 11. Where should we go between Bretton Woods and Wildcat?

Could I get some some advise? Taking the fam skiing tomorrow but the forecast from GYX is confusing. Says snow at Attitash till 3 or so, then rain, but Bretton Woods says snow till 10 or 11. Where should we go between Bretton Woods and Wildcat?

I'm not familiar enough with cold air damming at specific NH locations to give a solid answer, but the GYX discussion has noted the chance of some ice accretion in the mountains tomorrow thru much of the day, which could make for goggle problems if it verifies.  Maybe someone more knowledgeable on those areas could help advise which would be preferable. 

Convective indices and lift supportive of perhaps some thunderstorms with this system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAM is pretty impressive for wind gusts on Thursday, however, the 18z GFS did back off quite a bit.  Still think a several hour window of some pretty strong winds is likely...at least wind advisory.

BOX kept thunder in the AFD

HAVE KEPT THE SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDER GIVEN K INDICES OVER 30 AND

SHOWALTER INDICES NEAR ZERO. THE GREATEST CHANCE OF THIS IS SOUTH

OF THE MASS PIKE THOUGH THERE IS POTENTIAL FOR SOME ISOLATED THUNDER

ALONG THE EAST COAST WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. IN ADDITION...HAVE ADDED

GUSTY WINDS AND HEAVY RAINFALL WORDING EVERYWHERE.

Just got to our place in Moultonborough, NH and I can confirm it's been snowing off and on for a few hours. Unfortunately I'm going to attempt Gunstock since my kids go to their ski school. Will probably be raining there in the morning.

Archived