joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would actually correspond to a more dateline and even Aleutian ridge and then a gradual push east. In fact, you can see that the euro ensembles actually try to retro the ridge a bit from AK after like day 13. I always treat this as showing the general area or region of where the forcing may be. It seems like there are variables with these that won't always match up to composites. So I don't take these as verbatim...I just take them as showing you the general idea. It seems like the ridgimg starts in a big way thanks to the PAC jet weakening and retracting.

The pattern in a way may be a gradient pattern too. Some signs the SE ridge tries to build a bit. Some similarities to last year, only perhaps maybe with some -NAO?

Hey Scott would you say the EURO ensemble mean is more likely to verify in the 11-15 day vs the GEFS wrt the ridge placement over AK?

The pattern across NNE has been real nice with marginal temps able to work with significantly above normal storminess.  

Dear CoastalWx,

Thank you so much for your awesome contributions to this forum that say that I will get snow. Your write-ups add so much value to this forum when they indicate that I will get snow. Your post is a prime example of why AmericanWx is the best online weather forum in the world, because there are world class meteorologists that interact with amateur enthusiasts and provide fantastic analysis and insights into why I will get snow.

Keep up the awesome posting and providing the community with your invaluable knowledge (as long as it isn't about me not getting snow - don't be a debbie).

Yours truly,

:weenie:

Dear CoastalWx,

Thank you so much for your awesome contributions to this forum that say that I will get snow. Your write-ups add so much value to this forum when they indicate that I will get snow. Your post is a prime example of why AmericanWx is the best online weather forum in the world, because there are world class meteorologists that interact with amateur enthusiasts and provide fantastic analysis and insights into why I will get snow.

Keep up the awesome posting and providing the community with your invaluable knowledge (as long as it isn't about me not getting snow - don't be a debbie).

Yours truly,

:weenie:

And providing a wonderful balancing mechanism between Winter Wolf and his partner up the road, DIT...

Dear :weenie:

Thank you for the kind words. Please note that this does not mean a stretch like 12/2610-2/2/11 is upon us. This will be a stretch of potentially good chances, but it is important to keep things in perspective. No Debbie, just sayin'.

Good points.  But in all honesty, nobody could have predicted that type of a stretch was ahead either from back on December 16th 2010.  Those things just kind of evolve/happen when a pattern is good it seems.  If this is half to three quarters as good as that, we'd all be happy.

Dear :weenie:

Thank you for the kind words. Please note that this does not mean a stretch like 12/2610-2/2/11 is upon us. This will be a stretch of potentially good chances, but it is important to keep things in perspective. No Debbie, just sayin'.

Good points.  But in all honesty, nobody could have predicted that type of a stretch was ahead either from back on December 16th 2010.  Those things just kind of evolve/happen when a pattern is good it seems.  If this is half to three quarters as good as that, we'd all be happy.

Are using some third-party app that makes it so you are posting inside the quotes? It is very difficult to read.

He must have deleted the quote bracket and made it look like an extension of mine.

Or just put his cursor into the quoted text, hit enter a couple times and started typing like this.

Im sorry, I didn't do that on purpose.  I just hit the quote button and did start typing lol...wasn't on purpose.  Hopefully this one is ok?

Archived