• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ending out December with a Potential Pattern Change

CoastalWx

I wouldn't be getting too excited about snow to the Cape with the Christmas eve system yet. It looks more favorable for the interior right now. The EPS have consistently been bringing the primary low up through the Great Lakes which obviously is not favorable for most. Maybe it ends up more SWFEish for NNE.

As for Scott's great post...not much to add other than the EPS have consistently resembled that GEFS look he posted in the LR. After this Friday I'm off until 1/5 so hopefully we get a fun stretch of snow and cold.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Do these kelvin waves that cause lift and hence higher heights have anything whatsover to do with SST's? Is there a relationship between the two?

Well warm waters will always help facilitate the convection in the area and help potentially keep waves sometimes in place. There are other factors though and IMHO it's not a huge factor, but it can cause an effect. For the most part, the waves traverse the earth with Kelvin waves moving faster than MJO waves. This stuff definitely is not my area of expertise.

Killer post, coastal. Thank you. Too bad the euro maps aren't free game...

Seems like the majority of the ec is in the game for a couple of weeks coming up. Sure would be nice for everyone to score at the same time or at least within the same relatively short period of time. The board would greatly benefit from a unity period. Too many regional bullseyes since 09-10. I'm happiest when everyone is happy

Killer post, coastal. Thank you. Too bad the euro maps aren't free game...

Seems like the majority of the ec is in the game for a couple of weeks coming up. Sure would be nice for everyone to score at the same time or at least within the same relatively short period of time. The board would greatly benefit from a unity period. Too many regional bullseyes since 09-10. I'm happiest when everyone is happy

happy happy happy.everybody happy. Hopefully

Well it will be Sat nite and Sunday so really 4.5-5 days..but how many times have we seen this over the years... Tomorrow's 12z runs will bring the goods

For the weenie worriers

WSI Energy Weather@WSI_Energy 14s

14 seconds ago

23% of the latest ECMWF EPS highlight a double barrel low structure o/the eastern US. This is a big snow storm set up

B4-cVIuCIAA0cJw.png

Expand0 replies0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Check the date on that captain. You just told us it's only 4.5 days away then post a 200+ hour map.

Why are we discussing the Christmas eve storm when the one on the 22nd has not even been resolved? That one is going to have some effect on the one on the 24th I would not even concern yourself to what it shows this far out

Just going from the map Kevin (inadvertently) posted. Of course, I am very interested in the weekend storm but nothing new up on the board this morning and I'm still trying to learn a little bit about the meteorology of events. So, looking at the placement of the low just south of far western LI, I had an observation and question for the pros and informed amateurs. This board is a learning experience for me.

Archived