• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/20 Pre Grinch Mood Snows

40/70 Benchmark

Snow map from another forum and said to be the 12z Euro Ensembles, but I have no idea because there's no title or markings on it.  Congrat's FVE though if it is, lol.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

That's not right. That's including another event or something. FVE has like 0.10" QPF from this event on this run of the EPS mean.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not right. That's including another event or something. FVE has like 0.10" QPF from this event on this run of the EPS mean.

I figured it out... it looked like a wxbell map so I found it and it is a "cummulative" snow out at day 7.  So that includes anything that falls up to that point, like the upslope after this mid-week mess, which is why it is highlighting the NW flow region in VT/NE/ME in that map.

But it also includes that storm snow.  The ensembles aren't all that snowy for whatever reason...they have good precip in SNE but aren't buying the snow, which is weird because wxbell seems to use just a "if any part of the column is below freezing count it as snow" type algorithm.  I wish I had ENS temps to see where the issue was.

I'm just telling you what happens on that snow map, and that is the max snow it has.  I'd post it, but I think you have wxbell, too? 

I have no opinion on it, I'm just saying that is what it has in the end.  It doesn't get any better or any worse in future panels until the Day 9-10 Grinch event.

I'm just telling you what happens on that snow map, and that is the max snow it has.  I'd post it, but I think you have wxbell, too? 

I have no opinion on it, I'm just saying that is what it has in the end.  It doesn't get any better or any worse in future panels until the Day 9-10 Grinch event.

I wish that sw would just evaporate...ugh.

based on Ens,no

But it also includes that storm snow.  The ensembles aren't all that snowy for whatever reason...they have good precip in SNE but aren't buying the snow, which is weird because wxbell seems to use just a "if any part of the column is below freezing count it as snow" type algorithm.  I wish I had ENS temps to see where the issue was.

There's definitely a disconnect there as I mentioned earlier Ginxy.  The QPF is there and the track is there but the ensemble snow map shows what was posted.  Which is why I wanted to see temps because there's a disconnect.  I would've assumed the overly ambitious wxbell snow maps would've gone to town over SNE.  But instead its PA up through eastern NY.

I LL take my chances with a 984 mean just SE of the BM with sub 540 thickness any day.

Yes, but the rule of realism when it comes to tempering expectations dictates that, at six days out, you take the solution being offered and assure yourself that this is the only scenario which is officially no longer probable.

Archived