Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

1 hour ago, Floydbuster said:

It's snowing decent but small flakes in Stow. My girlfriend in North Royalton says it's a whiteout.

If it picks up the pace and continues until tomorrow morning, we should pick up some good accumulation. It does seem to be lacking that "storm" feeling though. 

Snow has picked up intensity and flake size as the better returns move in. I think this will be the nature of the storm -- we will have periods of heavier snow but not constant 1"+ rates. This is definitely a long duration storm.

• Like 1

Think areas that stayed all snow in north central and NE Ohio will overperform some. Seems like 4-8” so far where it’s stayed all snow and probably a good 5-9” more with snow lingering into early Friday now. Canton to Youngstown have seen no snow yet lol. Sharp cutoff down there though they should flip and get a few inches, with the current mix turning into a mess as it freezes tonight. Roads suck, wish me luck on my trek from Brooklyn Hts to Reminderville! 

• Like 2

Just now, OHweather said:

Think areas that stayed all snow in north central and NE Ohio will overperform some. Seems like 4-8” so far where it’s stayed all snow and probably a good 5-9” more with snow lingering into early Friday now. Canton to Youngstown have seen no snow yet lol. Sharp cutoff down there though they should flip and get a few inches, with the current mix turning into a mess as it freezes tonight. Roads suck, wish me luck on my trek from Brooklyn Hts to Reminderville! 

Careful. Summit County Sheriff just issued a snow emergency.

15 minutes ago, OHweather said:

:snowing::snowing::snowing:

Best of luck for your travels.  Be safe and warm.

Fun drive. Was a little worried about how my Kia Stinger would do in real snow…surprisingly well even with all seasons on it. Guess having an AWD with the tech they put in these things nowadays helps, even if I start getting it sideways it whips me back into line pretty quick. Now to make the same drive at 5am after a night of continued snow. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OHweather said:

Fun drive. Was a little worried about how my Kia Stinger would do in real snow…surprisingly well even with all seasons on it. Guess having an AWD with the tech they put in these things nowadays helps, even if I start getting it sideways it whips me back into line pretty quick. Now to make the same drive at 5am after a night of continued snow. 

Just got a 2022 awd stinger great car. Here in rochester ny looking to get near 2 feet

Best snow of the storm so far. We’ve picked up a few inches so far.  The sleet stayed around for about 90 minutes.  It smashed the previous 3” from earlier down to about an inch of crunchy junk.  Friend was out a bit ago in Smithville and said the roads are awful. They already canceled school for Orrville tomorrow.  Not really a surprise 

3 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Still snowing hard out there. Flake size has gotten better so I’d imagine lake enhancement is kicking in. Winds are strong its tough to measure. Great to see this is going to last until tomorrow morning. Will try to get a measurment in the am.

One of the better drifting snows we have had in a while.  It's nasty out there.  Tough to measure...I got between 7- 8" total so far from a few measurements.   

1 hour ago, tim123 said:

Just got a 2022 awd stinger great car. Here in rochester ny looking to get near 2 feet

Hopefully you properly splurged and got the GT2 as well. I have a 2022 GT2 AWD and they managed to upsell me on the Scorpion addition because I was having a pre mid-life crisis in NJ and wanted the car. The Ford Fusion I had for a few years before this was a perfectly fine car but this is by far the best car I’ve owned…and how it performed today was a pleasant surprise. Guessing AWD and 2022 technology FTW. 

Beyond that, had about 2” this morning when I left at 7am. Took a few half hearted measurements and think I’m near 8” now…about 6” in the last 12 feels right. Some blowing and drifting. After getting the pack down to several dense inches yesterday it’s deep out there again. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OrrvilleWX said:

Radar is making looking like it’s starting to die out or is it just me?

The last slug of heavy stuff is going to exit the next couple of hours. It'll be light the rest of the night. Think probably another 2-3" left most spots (maybe 4" far eastern OH into PA, and more like 1" or less in NW OH). 

2 hours ago, OHweather said:

The last slug of heavy stuff is going to exit the next couple of hours. It'll be light the rest of the night. Think probably another 2-3" left most spots (maybe 4" far eastern OH into PA, and more like 1" or less in NW OH). 

I wanted to measure what I got here in Orrville.  It’s just blown around so much.  From this afternoon until now.  It seems like we’ve picked up 5-6”.  
Also,  thanks for the replies.  Don’t comment on here much.  Always been a big fan of weather and enjoy following these events. I’m just a novice, so I apologize in advance if I ask any dumb questions. Thanks again. 

• Like 1