Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

3 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Assuming this is the last measurable snow of the season it looks like CLE will finish at 51.9" (16" below average). We will finish slightly below average in the Chagrin area but it sure didn't feel that way. 

It sure felt like a great winter with the 2 big December storms.   My total is just below 90" on the season.  

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Looks like this will be the second mother's day in a row that we have snow.   Moderate snow, huge flakes and ground starting to whiten. 

Edit; The huge flakes didn't last too long.  Definitely impressive for May though.

Snow is coming down pretty hard... and accumulating on the grass and trees. Not often you see this at midday in May. I thought the mets said it wasn't going to snow. 

42 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Snow is coming down pretty hard... and accumulating on the grass and trees. Not often you see this at midday in May. I thought the mets said it wasn't going to snow. 

Temp down to 33.  Starting to stick to driveway and street.  Crazy. 

5 hours ago, NEOH said:

Just a little frost out there this morning... hopefully that was the last of it. What a great week of sunny weather. The ground should actually be dry enough to mow this weekend. 

Finally a pleasant dry stretch of weather.  Very much welcomed after last weekends trip back to winter.   Should be a great weekend for yard work.

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, NEOH said:

Picked up 2.28" of rain yesterday. Very localized heavy rainfall. Should be more widespread today. 

Caught a few heavy downpours while we were out yesterday evening.   The humidity sure has cranked up the past few days.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, NEOH said:

Great weekend for t'storms locally. Over 5" of rain for the month of June so everything is lush. 

Sure has been, several days in a row with good storms this weekend.  The thunder yesterday afternoon was almost continuous.... something I don't think I've heard before like that.  We were kayaking in Burton, and made it out just in time.   

Probably another inch from today's storms.   

1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Sure has been, several days in a row with good storms this weekend.  The thunder yesterday afternoon was almost continuous.... something I don't think I've heard before like that.  We were kayaking in Burton, and made it out just in time.   

Probably another inch from today's storms.   

Good thing you got out of the water as those storms popped quickly. Definitely been awhile since we've had consistent thunder like that. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, NEOH said:

Not counting any rain that falls today I'm at 7.60" for the month of June. We've been in the jackpot zone locally... while the airport has mostly been missed by the storms this month. CLE will probably finish right around average with precip. 

It's been an incredibly wet June, and noticeably more humid this past week.  Looks like it clears up in time for holiday activities. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 10:04 AM, NEOH said:

I'm currently at 10.04" of rain for the month IMBY... most of that came last week. We could really use a dry week. 

Just incredible, what a Summer so far.  At least this week is much drier, but the yard is still too soft for the tractor.    What was your June total?   

1 hour ago, NEOH said:

Crazy amount of smoke out there today. No clouds with a barely visible sun. Honestly can't recall anything like this. 

Ya the milky sky is something else lately.  Seems like we had a few days like that last year, but seems more pronounced at least today. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quite the storm yesterday evening.  That was the first time I've received a push emergency weather alert on my phone for a severe thunderstorm warning.  We had power flicker, but never went out.  Looks like just southwest of here there were alot of power outages.  More storms this morning.... really adding to the wet summer total.  

Starting to notice some trees getting some early color.  Wonder if the wet, cloudy summer causes that?

22 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Quite the storm yesterday evening.  That was the first time I've received a push emergency weather alert on my phone for a severe thunderstorm warning.  We had power flicker, but never went out.  Looks like just southwest of here there were alot of power outages.  More storms this morning.... really adding to the wet summer total.  

Starting to notice some trees getting some early color.  Wonder if the wet, cloudy summer causes that?

The winds were intense with the line yesterday evening. Just some small branches down in my yard but noticed quite a few large trees toppled driving to work. More storms again this morning. I haven't noticed any color just yet. The maples with leaf spot are starting to drop some leaves though. 

• 3 weeks later...