• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

Removed snow from drive at 5:30.  At this point I have maybe .750” of sleet and snow on the drive since then. It kind of looks like snow with some rain mixed in.  Far cry from what they had forecast.  I’ll be honest,  it’s a bit of a letdown. I think school district will regret cancelling so early.  

18 minutes ago, WHEATCENT said:

I'm here for some Lake Effect :lol:

KCLE - Precipitation Depiction, 7_55 AM.gif

The storm here was a disappointment, similar to just about everyone east of the Detroit river.  Late getting started, shut off early, and poor flake size.  Missed out on the sleet tho'...  Seems that LE has started up recently, and is the best snow of the whole event.  Maybe you guys south of the lake can get some too.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Got around 8" here.  Not a bad storm but when nearly every model is showing double digit amounts less than 24 hours out, you can't help but be a little disappointed.  Just couldn't avoid the dry slot.  Seemed like every time snow started to really stack, another dry slot would move in.

2 hours ago, NEOH said:

Its snowing harder now that any point during yesterday's "storm". Must be a little shortwave crossing over the lake. 

Weird, the pc forecast now has 4-8" for today..... Not sure what that's about, maybe a glitch?   There's definitely a lake response, but that seems extreme. 

2 hours ago, dta1984 said:

Weird, the pc forecast now has 4-8" for today..... Not sure what that's about, maybe a glitch?   There's definitely a lake response, but that seems extreme. 

At this rate 4" will be a lock. Off and on whiteout conditions this afternoon. It's pure fluff though. Must be just enough moisture coming through the ice. 

53 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Snowing pretty heavily out there this morning. Nice band set-up along the lakeshore counties and looks to persist for awhile. 

Nice steady snow out there this morning.  Probably will be a cut off just SE of here, as there has been a persistent area of better snows here and NW.