• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

CLE even throwing around T'snow... that would make two weekends in a row.

LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP NEAR LAKE ERIE THIS EVENING. AS IT DRIFTS EAST OF THE REGION MUCH COLDER AIR WILL ARRIVE. SNOW WILL BEGIN IN NORTHWEST OHIO LATE TODAY AND SPREAD ACROSS THE REMAINDER OF THE AREA THIS EVENING. ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH SUNSET WILL BE MAINLY ON GRASSY SURFACES. THE FORECAST AXIS OF HEAVY SNOW HAS SHIFTED FURTHER WEST AND SOUTH FROM EARLIER THINKING. A SWATH OF
FOUR OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IS NOW EXPECTED FROM THE TOLEDO AREA EASTWARD ACROSS NORTHERN OHIO. THERE IS SOME INDICATION THAT THERE COULD ALSO BE SOME THUNDER SNOW. IF THAT OCCURS ACCUMULATIONS MAY NEED TO BE PUSHED UPWARD.

The 12z GFS has 0.93" liquid equivalent for north Toledo, and 0.59 Akron, 0.42" Canton, 0.56" Cleveland, 0.6", southern Michigan. The 12z NAM has 1.04" liquid equivalent for Toledo, 0.77" Cleveland. If this turns out to be 10-1 or better snow ratios, watch out! By the way, the largest snowstorm my parents had in Toledo this winter is about 3"

CLE least snowiest winter on record cancel.

It's a shame the best snow will probably be while most are sleeping, but if you want a big snow this time of year, night is the time for that to happen. It's pretty much a lock that this will be the biggest storm of the season for the TOL-CLE corridor.

CLE least snowiest winter on record cancel.

It's a shame the best snow will probably be while most are sleeping, but if you want a big snow this time of year, night is the time for that to happen. It's pretty much a lock that this will be the biggest storm of the season for the TOL-CLE corridor.

Yep, should be fun! Glad that the airport looks to be in line for the good snows too.

Is the warning criteria 8"? Might push that at some places. Don't think we have had any wsw this winter.

Yep, should be fun! Glad that the airport looks to be in line for the good snows too.

Is the warning criteria 8"? Might push that at some places. Don't think we have had any wsw this winter.

I believe it's 6" in 12 hours or 8" in 24 hours. It actually seems like a lot of areas could potentially meet warning criteria.

Trends have favored areas more to the SW. I wouldn't be surprised to see a jackpot somewhere in southern Lorain County.

Storm was pretty much a dud for MBY. Just over 1". Being too close to the lake killed it for us. Glad you guys out east were able to cash in.

Man, you must've been in a local screw hole. 5"+ amounts to your west, east and south. The lake is warmer in the western basin so yeah that might've kept you warmer and made it harder for snow to stick.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like CLE will end the season with 32.8" of snow. That's the least amount of snow at CLE since the 1957-58 season when the record lowest of 31.1" fell at the airport.  

The weather of recent has been pathetic. March was more springlike than April. 

• 2 weeks later...

How miserable. ...light snow with a light accumulation in the grass....Looks like a healthy band over Cuyahoga, wonder how much of that is snow?

Edit; actually I've got 2" on the deck. Probably 1" in the grass.

What a depressing sight yesterday. Couldn't believe it when I woke up. The roads were actually covered in certain places. Thankfully it didn't last long.

• 1 month later...

Missed the rain again overnight. I don't think I've had more than 2" of rain since mid May. Normal is closer to 7".

2016 is turning out to be a rather mundane year weather wise across northeast Ohio.