SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

djr5001

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like an 1" so far as the official measurement here at Millersville. Was a nice surprise to wake up to.

yep, my daughter just text me and said about an inch at school.

a friend of mine from down here, now lives in VT.he posted a picture of all his snow and i saw a comment from a women from Harrisburg he use to work with said she had 6". No fricking way. May be up toward upper dauphin County areas, not here.

Have about 2 inches so far, mainly from last night and this morning. Technically the event total here is 2.6" (had 0.6" from the initial wave Mon night). Will have to see if the band of snow can strengthen enough to come back off the Allegheny front and give some additional snow here. Figures that CCX radar has been out. This has ended up being a pretty nice surprise for our region.

In other news, Euro might be starting to sniff out our next bigger event out in the longer term. Last couple runs have had a pretty sizable southern stream system toward the end of it's range. 

Have about 2 inches so far, mainly from last night and this morning. Technically the event total here is 2.6" (had 0.6" from the initial wave Mon night). Will have to see if the band of snow can strengthen enough to come back off the Allegheny front and give some additional snow here. Figures that CCX radar has been out. This has ended up being a pretty nice surprise for our region.

In other news, Euro might be starting to sniff out our next bigger event out in the longer term. Last couple runs have had a pretty sizable southern stream system toward the end of it's range. 

It is pretty impressive to look at the water vapor imagery to see how far south and west this system has managed to push moisture on its backside as well as all of the moisture out on the west coast

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/SAT_US/anim16wv.html

It also looks like it is trying to bring some moisture back into central PA over the next few hours but hard to imagine we will see as good of bands set up again as last night and this morning.

and just as fyi end of range right now for Euro is Dec 20/21

Archived