joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 8-11th Major East Coast Storm Observation Thread

gkrangers

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

current conditions here in the northwest bronx: mostly cloudy,23 f,dp of 10,rh is 58%.. and all i can say is that it's cold and it smells of snow coming,this might be a situation of a stronger then modeled hp funneling some colder air in which might lead to some big surprizes down the road..still a way's to go..also currenty temps are rising pretty quick along the sne coast already as the atlantic fetch starts kicking in   :whistle:  :popcorn:

I expect we will se a few surprises from this storm as I mentioned yesterday the first surprise is that Mount Holly busted on their  forecast down in coastal NJ this morning

NJZ024-082100-  
ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-  
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OCEAN CITY  
630 AM EST MON DEC 8 2014  

..COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY

...COASTAL FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH  
TUESDAY AFTERNOON...  

TODAY...PARTLY SUNNY THIS MORNING

THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A  
CHANCE OF RAIN WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE THIS AFTERNOON. WINDY WITH  
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. NORTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF  
RAIN 30 PERCENT.    

current conditions here in the northwest bronx: mostly cloudy,23 f,dp of 10,rh is 58%.. and all i can say is that it's cold and it smells of snow coming,this might be a situation of a stronger then modeled hp funneling some colder air in which might lead to some big surprizes down the road..still a way's to go.. :whistle::popcorn:

I've seen plenty of days like this..looks and feels like snow...only to end up with lots of rain

I've seen plenty of days like this..looks and feels like snow...only to end up with lots of rain

yeah no kidding,although being from the mini-climate of far northwestern bronx..i've seen many crazy situations up here lol..oddly enough i do have a good feeling about this baby occluding near montaulk and not atlantic city or n.y.c..which would mean some snow in the city itself for a time. 

This is more or less a localized event down there as the you can see on radar the northeast winds are bringing the mositure in from the Atlantic and dumping it into the cold air sort of like lake effect but ocean effect there

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?zoommode=pan&prevzoom=zoom&num=6&frame=0&delay=15&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&ID=DIX&type=N0R&showstorms=0&lat=0&lon=0&label=you&map.x=400&map.y=240&scale=1.000&centerx=400&centery=240&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&lerror=20&num_stns_min=2&num_stns_max=9999&avg_off=9999&smooth=0

Archived