• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

Hoosier

Not really, the Euro and the GFS evolve completely different compared to each other.

but which model is flip flopping?    The gfs has been consistent with a southern, suppressed track for days.   This is why I don't understand people who ass kiss the euro.    The euro started with an app-runner, then went to a CMH cutter, and now is gulfcoast scooter. MECS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but which model is flip flopping?    The gfs has been consistent with a southern, suppressed track for days.   This is why I don't understand people who ass kiss the euro.    The euro started with an app-runner, then went to a CMH cutter, and now is gulfcoast scooter.

The reason the Euro is flip flopping has to do with the northern stream and ridging or lack there of along the East Coast. The GFS shears out the energy where as the Euro consistently ejects the energy as a storm. The difference is the Euro actually has been showing a storm every run, the GFS hasn't been due to shearing out the energy.

but which model is flip flopping?    The gfs has been consistent with a southern, suppressed track for days.   This is why I don't understand people who ass kiss the euro.    The euro started with an app-runner, then went to a CMH cutter, and now is gulfcoast scooter. MECS

I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying here, but does run to run consistency on a specific storm really matter that much when it's over a week away? 

12z EURO obviously not a hit, but you can tell it's real close to bombs away at 192. Somehow it misses the phase, which is partially the fault of its SW retrograde bias.

was just going to post this /\.   It actually turns the corner but there is no phasing.   Meanwhile several lows diving in from the nw and across the lakes....  the fuse is there

Archived