SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 6-7 Storm Discussion/Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX gives me another inch.  I like their optimism.

Tonight:  Mostly cloudy. Rain with snow likely with freezing rain in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

BOX gives me another inch. I like their optimism.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Rain with snow likely with freezing rain in the evening...then a chance of snow after midnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Lows in the mid 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

just noticed nws forecast for tonight says 1 to 2 inches possible, I may be wrong but pretty sure that is a recent change

Yeah. I was thinking the same. 33F in Gardner and here for a while

I'm actually glad for that outcome... I know other's seem to fancy that sort of thing but I couldn't be less interested in losing power. The novelty of an ice storm runs out in about 30 seconds standing there in the dark, listening to yourself breath, trying to decide what to do next  ...Only to realize everything you think of can't really be done.  

So you get in your car and think you'll go to x,y,z, and then realize the traffic lights are out, and everyone else and their aunt has decided to the same thing, yet no place is open.  Now you got a steadily cooling house to return to, and about half a bar of power left on your smart phone before you truly realize how f*ing stupid you  were for egging on an icestorm...

No thanks.  It's one type of event I can do without. 

I'm actually glad for that outcome... I know other's seem to fancy that sort of thing but I couldn't be less interested in losing power. The novelty of an ice storm runs out in about 30 seconds standing there in the dark, listening to yourself breath, trying to decide what to do next  ...Only to realize everything you think of can't really be done.  

So you get in your car and think you'll go to x,y,z, and then realize the traffic lights are out, and everyone else and their aunt has decided to the same thing, yet no place is open.  Now you got a steadily cooling house to return to, and about half a bar of power left on your smart phone before you truly realize how f*ing stupid you  were for egging on an icestorm...

No thanks.  It's one type of event I can do without.

Wholeheartedly agree. I've been through multiday outages in my life....would be happy to never go through that again.

The back edge is coming so I don't expect much. Snow has coated the ice covered grass now.

I have to run into Greenfield to pick up a pizza in a couple minutes.  I'll be back in about a half hour or so after I go.  If it's not snowing when I get back, I will stick a fork in any hopes for more than a coating on the inch of snow/ice that's out there now.

32.0/31

Archived