* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AMOUNTS OF AT LEAST 4 TO 8 INCHES...ALONG

WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE. HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD OCCUR

IN THE WESTERN PORTION AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF BOTH MONROE AND

CARBON COUNTIES.

* TIMING...SNOW AND SLEET SHOULD DEVELOP BETWEEN 3 AM AND 5 AM

TUESDAY AND BECOME HEAVY WET SNOW AROUND SUNRISE. ITS POSSIBLE

SNOW COULD CHANGE TO RAIN FOR A WHILE DURING MIDDAY TUESDAY BUT

THIS CHANCE APPEARS TO BE LESSENING. BANDS OF ACCUMULATIVE SNOW

WILL CONTINUE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the latest WSW on the cold trend:

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW AMOUNTS OF AT LEAST 4 TO 8 INCHES...ALONG

WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE. HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS SHOULD OCCUR

IN THE WESTERN PORTION AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF BOTH MONROE AND

CARBON COUNTIES.

* TIMING...SNOW AND SLEET SHOULD DEVELOP BETWEEN 3 AM AND 5 AM

TUESDAY AND BECOME HEAVY WET SNOW AROUND SUNRISE. ITS POSSIBLE

SNOW COULD CHANGE TO RAIN FOR A WHILE DURING MIDDAY TUESDAY BUT

THIS CHANCE APPEARS TO BE LESSENING. BANDS OF ACCUMULATIVE SNOW

WILL CONTINUE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

That is my zone for the pocono special.  There appears to be about .5-.7 of liquid not frozen and I need that to be snow for this to truly get the "pocono special" tag, 12"+ essentially.

It's currently snowing here near KACY with what appears to be ocean effect/enhanced snow. It's been going at a pretty good rate for about an hour now. Surprised we haven't gotten a short term forecast headline at the least from Mt Holly.

I was just going to post on what the radar's showing there. Good for you guys!

Wxsim for NW Chesco at 685 ft asl has

Light snow arriving by 10pm this evening becoming moderate snow by 1am with the temp at 27.4

Transitioning to a mix of IP and ZR toward 7am with a temp of 31.6

ZR continuing till 10am by which time 1.17" has fallen all frozen

Rain then from 10am to 10pm while 0.66" of liquid fall

Rain then begins to transition to Heavy Snow by 3am on Wed morning with around 3" of snow before ending by 1pm

That is my zone for the pocono special.  There appears to be about .5-.7 of liquid not frozen and I need that to be snow for this to truly get the "pocono special" tag, 12"+ essentially.

This year may be the year for you. This thing seems to be hanging around for quite a while. Philly/S/SE screw zone then not too far N/W it gets interesting.

Southeast PA should see some accumulating snow tuesday night into wednesday via the wraparound/CCB. Snow showers with a heavier squall or two possible. Nam scares me because it has a blob of heavier precip over SE PA. Someone could see several inches with this feature depending on exactly where the death band sets up. Both nam and hires nam both showing this. GFS not as robust and a little farther north with this feature.

This storm has shades of the 2/25-2/26 storm in 2010 - albeit with temps several degrees warmer during the storm and less anticipated retrograding of the low pressure center.  In other words, I do think there will be "wrap-around" snows tomorrow night into early Wednesday somewhere in our region...the exact placement and intensity of this remains to be seen.

Yeah, 40-50 on the map is ~18-24 inches.  Not saying that will happen, RGEM was a bit overdone with the last storm, but certainly a foot plus is in the cards

That RGEM snow map has an extremely sharp cutoff  ... I'm in the north part of Northampton County and look to be right in a spot where 10 miles north of me gets big snows and 10 miles south of me gets zip.

That RGEM snow map has an extremely sharp cutoff  ... I'm in the north part of Northampton County and look to be right in a spot where 10 miles north of me gets big snows and 10 miles south of me gets zip.

There's a lot of elevation influence with this one because of the marginal boundary layer temps.  That's probably what the map is picking up on.

Latest Wxsim with 12z data has indeed trended colder

Now has 2.75" with almost all of it with the exception of 2 hours falling with temps below freezing. A little bit of snow to start but quickly over to ZR/IP and then to ZR. It has temps just getting above freezing at around 1030am tomorrow before slowly falling tomorrow PM - changing to moderate to heavy snow by 2 am on Wed morning accumulating around 4" of snow before ending late morning on Wednesday.

Euro along with the GFS now cools the BL along I-95 down to freezing Wednesday evening, allowing what remains (perhaps a tenth) to fall as snow.  So, could be an inch.  Of course, wraparound amounts that light could be phantom.  Don't think I-95 sees any accumulating snow before then (despite the NAM, which is on its own).  Maybe some white rain.

Archived