SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was last active Jan 30th, so he's been signing in. Definitely a huge loss, need him to do some regulatin' in the model threads etc.

If he didn't post before the almost widespread blizzard, that's a bad sign. Thought for sure he would pop back in for a big dog like that. Even DT did! Lord Earthlight comeback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was last active Jan 30th, so he's been signing in. Definitely a huge loss, need him to do some regulatin' in the model threads etc.

He would always explain "x, y and z need to happen for this to come to fruition" and he would almost know what a model was thinking and boom next model run, there it was. Like I said, nothing to take away from the hardworking posters and pbp guys currently, but a big loss indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excited over the 100+ hr GFS, and for an outcome that would knock out power, trees and infrastructure in the dead of winter for days? Have you ever been in a really devastating icestorm? I saw myself what just a half inch of ice can do in PA. 

This 100%. Some folks need to think for a minute. A crippling, devistating ice storm, especially with the insane cold that's being modelled following the event, could have deadly consequences. Imagine being without power for 3-4 days (it has happened) with temperatures that get no higher than the teens. Ice, especially in this situation, should not be something to get excited about.

You know what? Nowhere does it say that this is a model thread, just a storm threat thread. As such, the "moral" posts you speak of are related to this storm threat, and as such, are on topic.

Nonsense. The stupid moral argument has been beaten to death a decade ago. what someone is rooting for has literally nothing to do with a storm threat unless you suddenly found a way to control the weather, and it ends up leading to ridiculous arguments that drag on and completely derail threads. The banter thread exists solely to help stop that.

Are they offering board police director positions? If so looks like bxengine is leading the job. :lmao: guy adds nothing to the weather discussion besides "please take posts to the banter".

SMH.....it wouldn't be because that's where the discussion belongs  :angry:   Keep the discussion threads on topic and the banter in here where it belongs....now back to your regular scheduled program

This 100%. Some folks need to think for a minute. A crippling, devistating ice storm, especially with the insane cold that's being modelled following the event, could have deadly consequences. Imagine being without power for 3-4 days (it has happened) with temperatures that get no higher than the teens. Ice, especially in this situation, should not be something to get excited about.

I mentioned January 1978 earlier. Power grid wiped out, no electricity for almost a week. If you lived through it, you don't want a repeat. If you didn't live through it...you don't want a repeat.

It was stunningly beautiful, though.

Archived