SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold is here ; eventually cold/snow will mesh and we get snow ..now IMO if somehow between now and Jan 12 something can come together great other wise despite cold I believe between Jan 13-25 cutters etc..as I hear people speculate the SE ridge will hurt as more ..Lastly I think...Feb to March 15 is are real window of opportunity.. I'm basing the above on mostly a hunch ...let's see what transpires ..

Adding on a ton of bulk isn't exactly comfortable despite popular belief and then you're being sweated out from the inside.

It seems to vary considerably person to person..

For whatever reason I acclimate to the cold much more quickly than the heat .. we spent last week in the central Adirondacks doing outdoor activities with temps mostly in the teens and by the end of the week was comfortable in a sweatshirt.   On the other hand, I sweat like a slug when its over 85.

At least you can dress for it and be relatively comfortable. There's no dressing for 90 and humid...although some people seem pretty comfortable all summer.

I find it much easier (and more comfortable) to dress for 90 and humid than 15 and windy. In my experience there's a very fine line between under and overdressing in extreme cold.

Adding on a ton of bulk isn't exactly comfortable despite popular belief and then you're being sweated out from the inside.

I agree.

It seems to vary considerably person to person..

For whatever reason I acclimate to the cold much more quickly than the heat .. we spent last week in the central Adirondacks doing outdoor activities with temps mostly in the teens and by the end of the week was comfortable in a sweatshirt. On the other hand, I sweat like a slug when its over 85.

That is true. I acclimate to the heat much better than the cold, it could be 80 degrees next week and I wouldn't break a sweat, yet I can barely tolerate the gradual transition from summer to winter.

I find it much easier (and more comfortable) to dress for 90 and humid than 15 and windy. In my experience there's a very fine line between under and overdressing in extreme cold.

I agree.

Agree about the wind part, that can change the equation.  Also will say ive found the cold a little less comfortable since age 40 although I try to keep the whimpering to a minimum when my wifes around..

The question I have is how can a person charge someone for a 3 week forecast when many forecasters have  been wrong in the longer range this winter ?

Lets take a poll - What would you charge for a 3 week forecast ? If you busted and someone asked for a refund would you give them a refund ? 

Archived