• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

i want to get below zero for the first time in 21 years this week. let's hope the clipper delivers and we get a quick inch with arctic front snow squalls wednesday afternoon

Models tend to dampen out upper level S/Ws too quickly, that event I think is going to be good for 1-2 inches here, the track is pretty much perfect

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

One is only as modest and humble as one portrays himself... Mob1, circa 2014.

I'm not so sure about that...plenty of narcissists will feign humility in an effort to obfuscate their intrinsically arrogant natures.

However, a fair percentage of narcissists have not the slightest clue what they are; internally perceiving their conduct and behavior to be perfectly acceptable. 

Guest Pamela

Seasonal Snowfall 2014-15 Winter

As of 6:00 PM January 4, 2015

Newark Airport: 2.3"

Bridgeport: 2.0"

LaGuardia Airport: 1.7"

Central Park: 1.2"

Islip MacArthur Airport: 0.4"

JFK Airport: 0.4"

NWS Upton / BNL: 0.3"

Guest Pamela

8.2 for me

Not a bad amount for 5 January...especially given how warm its been...you said you are at about 400' or so in Passaic County..so not too far off average year to date. 

Guest Pamela

I'm at an inch so far, more than ISP and Upton. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Those dustings can prove tricky to measure...

Guest Pamela

Seasonal Snowfall 2014-15 Winter

As of 6:00 PM January 4, 2015

Newark Airport: 2.3"

Bridgeport: 2.0"

LaGuardia Airport: 1.7"

Central Park: 1.2"

Islip MacArthur Airport: 0.4"

JFK Airport: 0.4"

NWS Upton / BNL: 0.3"

Would be kind of nice to see Kennedy Airport turn in a good year relative to the other stations for once...for quite some time they have lagged behind...and rather badly...probably a good deal more than they should being displaced only a few miles SE of most of the other city stations.  During the 1980's Kennedy saw more snow than the Park. 

Guest Pamela

Would be kind of nice to see Kennedy Airport turn in a good year relative to the other stations for once...for quite some time they have lagged behind...and rather badly...probably a good deal more than they should being displaced only a few miles SE of most of the other city stations.  During the 1980's Kennedy saw more snow than the Park. 

Mean Annual Snowfall (1980-81 - 1989-90)

Westbury (central Nassau County): 25.44"

Brookhaven Lab / Upton OKX: 25.41"

LaGuardia Airport: 21.66"

John F Kennedy Airport: 20.28"

Central Park: 19.74" 

Not a bad amount for 5 January...especially given how warm its been...you said you are at about 400' or so in Passaic County..so not too far off average year to date.

Morris county but right on the passaic county's line . I can throw a rock to passaic county lol

Guest Pamela

The aforementioned difference is not statistically significant.

I'm not so sure about that...if JFK has a long term average 4.0 inches or so less than KNYC...but in a given 10 year span ends up averaging 0.5 inches more than KNYC...it is really not a 1/2 inch turnaround...but rather a 4 1/2 inch turnaround. 

I'm not so sure about that...if JFK has a long term average 4.0 inches or so less than KNYC...but in a given 10 year span ends up averaging 0.5 inches more than KNYC...it is really not a 1/2 inch turnaround...but rather a 4 1/2 inch turnaround.

That is probably true, a difference of differences test would validate that, likely at 95%... My point was that in a vacuum, that 10 year period is essentially a tie.

Guest Pamela

Stop being negative Nancy's

And don't forget "Debbie Downer's"!  These alliterative forays take me back to composition class in school...

Maybe you should try melancholy Milton to add some gender balance...lol.

embrace a new beginning.

That sounds like something out of a Friday the 13th movie...

Guest Pamela

"Listen here, you miserable heap of maladjusted metal..."

Dorothy would *never* speak to the Tin Man that way...

*frowns*

Guest Pamela

These last few weeks have been real...and they've been fun...but they haven't been real fun...

Pitchers & catchers in 47 days!

Archived