Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Minor overrunning event 12/2

Zelocita Weather

Nam has a touch of snow with some ice/rain

Gfs, euro,rgem more excited for 1-2" of snow in some spots...

The RGEM actually has banding signatures in northern MD with up to 3-4 inches there...this is similar to that event last year or maybe the year before where Philly got slammed as well as parts of MD, by the time it got up here alot of the forcing was gone,..this one the setup seems better to produce up here, I believe that event the airmass up this way was too dry.

The RGEM actually has banding signatures in northern MD with up to 3-4 inches there...this is similar to that event last year or maybe the year before where Philly got slammed as well as parts of MD, by the time it got up here alot of the forcing was gone,..this one the setup seems better to produce up here, I believe that event the airmass up this way was too dry.

That was Dec 8th last year. Eagles snow bowl, something like 10" at the stadium.

Surface temps are very warm on the 00z ECMWF for this event. I'm seeing 37 degrees as far inland as MMU at 12z Tuesday and that's the coldest panel. 700mb and 925mb are both running -4C to -5C but 850mb temps are -1C to -2C so you're going to once again be dealing with poor snow growth. Once you get up into the far interior the surface temps could possibly support snow. 

I don't think the intensity is going to be strong enough to sufficiently cool the column where the surface starts off in the mid to upper 30's. If you increase the WAA you're also going to increase the warming at 850mb and you end up with more of a ZR/IP mix.

The typically favored higher elevations that will be aided some by orographic lift could pick up a low end advisory event.

Archived