Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December obs/disco/short range

Ian

When? I don't see that. 

Me neither. The evolution on the ensembles is tricky to get a handle on. It's 2 separate events that end up looking like a single extremely slow developing and moving event. The big hp forces the first lp south of us and off the coast but scoots east and lets the developing low offshore move NW as it strengthens. Mon-Wed looks pretty nutty. We're prob not in a good spot but north of here could be in for a shellacking. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I allowed to post euro pics from weatherbell? there are some VERY strong members in there.

im looking at 12z there. i don't see any sub 980 lows.. actually hard to find a sub 1000mb low around these parts. maybe i'm looking at the wrong thing. 

Me neither. The evolution on the ensembles is tricky to get a handle on. It's 2 separate events that end up looking like a single extremely slow developing and moving event. The big hp forces the first lp south of us and off the coast but scoots east and lets the developing low offshore move NW as it strengthens. Mon-Wed looks pretty nutty. We're prob not in a good spot but north of here could be in for a shellacking. 

yeah it's kinda whacky. looks like a fair amount don't have the second system or they are merged into one. hard to tell exactly with limited options of viewing. def looks like a new england/interior event from here. 

yeah it's kinda whacky. looks like a fair amount don't have the second system or they are merged into one. hard to tell exactly with limited options of viewing. def looks like a new england/interior event from here. 

The only chance we stand is being on the nw side of a closed low and even then. I suppose the first vort and lp could prime things as the second comes down. Since it's the only thing worth watching it will get overanalyzed. I'm with you though. It's most likely a NE storm and maybe mood flakes at best for us. 

The only chance we stand is being on the nw side of a closed low and even then. I suppose the first vort and lp could prime things as the second comes down. Since it's the only thing worth watching it will get overanalyzed. I'm with you though. It's most likely a NE storm and maybe mood flakes at best for us. 

I looked at the operational Euro and was totally unimpressed with the numbers

in fact, verbatim, there's no snow for us on this run

meh, onto JAN           lol

Man that high pressure is in a great place right now, forcing the precip east and not allowing much northward movement. Just not enough cold air yet but get that set up many times over next 2+ months and we will be gold.

It's trying and areas to west have gotten some surprise snow, I do not think it's probable but maybe DC area gets something.

Archived