joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post is in honor of Mitch

And it gets better

Those CFS progs for the last week of December are lovely Nino climo and make sense based on the progression we're hopefully going to see.    

There's something wrong w/ the 21-25 day CFSv2... It literally has the entire northern hemisphere below normal, w/ negative height anomalies everywhere (not sure why I'd even base any forecast or ideas at a range beyond 2 weeks tops, much less 3-4 weeks on this piece of crap anyway). Looks like an inherent error in the model, not a forecast for cold...

You know JB's gonna be all over that!  #globalcooling #voterandpaul2016

It can start to get very frustrating when you are expecting the pattern to change and there is a parade of storms to accompany the change and it always become the next one or the one after that. Let's hope hope that's not the case. The first in this series as mentioned already will probably be too difficult to deliver, but I'd really like to see some frozen with the second one. If everyone has to wait for the third system then things may not be progressing as we hoped. Just a thought not a prediction.

We've seen situations where we had one huge barreling low cut through the lakes and change the pattern instantly.  then we've also seen a progressive change through a series of miller b's and then BAM miller a!  Lets hope this is the case.

04-05 was my first year in leesburg...I remember some pretty warm January days....ended up around 20"

It wasn't a cold winter...though not torch either..all 3 months were a smidge above normal...DCA finished +0.4 for the winter...But it wasn't a very stable pattern....Here are my stats for Mt. Pleasant..solid back half...but nothing other than a cartopper or 2 until 1/19..Of course there was the big bust on 1/23 and another semi-bust on 2/24 when we had a big gulf low that never really amplified and produced like was predicted...we had snow for 24 hours straight though which was pretty cool.  felt very wintry.

2004-05: 17.0"

1/19/05: 2.0", 1/22/05: 3.25", 1/24/05: 0.25", 1/29-30/05: 2.5", 2/3/05: 0.25", 2/24/05: 4.5", 2/28/05: 3.25", 3/8/05: 1.0"

Euro is nearly a best case scenario with mid level temps and hp placement to the N. Still a dicey setup but at least we can dream about it for 12 hours.

Haha...basically perfect for the 21st storm.  The 18th-19th storm gets strong enough, parks itself at 50/50 and holds in the cold air so that big s/w can bowling ball across.  

Archived