• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-Turkey Day Storm Obs (Rain,Snow, Sleet...Cloudy)

ChescoWx

Hmm... sounds like your teacher may not have been all that familiar with PA geography him/herself ;)

Here's a good map from Wikipedia:

So it would seem! I'll have to study this, I don't nearly know about geology as I should. Here in the United States our Geo science education though high school is some of the worst of any industrialized country. I kind of feel that weather could get lumped in with that subject. 

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here in Bretton Woods, NH where I've been all week, we got 7.2" from Wednesday's storm (all snow) which was a little

disappointing as we were in the 8-12" forecast zone.    Got another 3.5" as a ULL swung through with snow flurries 

and showers all day into last evening.    Dropped to a brisk 4.2 this morning as skies cleared, -5 on the summit of MWN.

II'd like to know where the 5.8" Carbon Cty,Penn Forest Twsp.(measurement) .It's either deliberately misleading OR was measured at the lower elev , which is anywhere from 600 to 1000' lower,by the reservoir----where about 50 ppl live...My Total measurement is closer to Albrightsvile and I'm about 10 miles closer,maybe more....I know it's an unusual situation ,but for this area with NO Real; town anymore ,shouldn't elev. be included to be counted as Official...          

II'd like to know where the 5.8" Carbon Cty,Penn Forest Twsp.(measurement) .It's either deliberately misleading OR was measured at the lower elev , which is anywhere from 600 to 1000' lower,by the reservoir----where about 50 ppl live...My Total measurement is closer to Albrightsvile and I'm about 10 miles closer,maybe more....I know it's an unusual situation ,but for this area with NO Real; town anymore ,shouldn't elev. be included to be counted as Official...          

Elevation certainly mattered in this storm.  Even a few hundred feet.  So, who knows. 

Elevation certainly mattered in this storm.  Even a few hundred feet.  So, who knows. 

Absolutely it did. Here in Tamaqua proper, wehre the elevation is about 800ft or so, we got 2-3 inches. Up in Hometown, one mile north of town, but with an elevation of close to 1,000ft, had about 4 to perhaps 5 inches. Up in McAdoo and Hazleton, where the elevation is between 1,300 and 1,800 and pushing 2,000 in some locations, it looked like they had well over 6 inches...and this was yesterday, four days after the storm.

Archived