joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Eve Nor'Easter OBS ONLY

TeleConnectSnow

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

33.7/30 light snow Riverdale, Bronx... Got about an 1 inch and a little more on car tops coming down lightly. Going to midtown I will post what's happening there. Looks like the snow is picking up as I'm writing this. Wouldn't be surprised if we get 3-5 inches in the Bronx tonight as the sun goes down and the 700's millibars starts getting shunted south as I'm already seeing that rain snow line push south.

Heaviest snow of the day right now, it's really coming down!  Hard to get a solid measurement for the day because we had a few hours of compaction that took it from 5" to under 3" in about 15 minutes but it has been snowing steadily for the last few hours now so it's piling back up.  If the temp comes down maybe two more degrees it should really build quickly.

For those interested in watching the rain on Long Island my streaming cam is active and will continue to be. Very sensitive low light camera so will be visible at night.

Http://71.183.60.69:227

Count me in. :snorkle:

Actually, for some reason I don't understand I am enjoying this dreary day.  Must be the 5 minutes of big wet snow flakes that we had or the little bit of sleet that accumulated on top of the windshield wiper.  Or maybe just glad to know it is snowing somewhere.

Archived