Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thanksgiving Eve Coastal Part Deux

DDweatherman

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why the in house models of ABC7 has the precip ending at 2pm (last time i checked)  And now weather.com (like they are reliable (sarcastic scoff)) has precip ending before or right around sunset wednesday.  Is is really going to go that quickly?

Too bad we have to wait 2 hours for the euro....

I didn't even look at the 0z gfs/nam panels. Just read the thread. After reading the 2/12-13 threads today the similar discos between models are almost identical in some ways. Certainley not the same setup but the camps are reruns.

My over under yesterday was 5". I'm dropping that to 4" for now but as usual we won't really know until gametime

I don't understand why the in house models of ABC7 has the precip ending at 2pm (last time i checked)  And now weather.com (like they are reliable (sarcastic scoff)) has precip ending before or right around sunset wednesday.  Is is really going to go that quickly?

GFS only shows 0.06" of QPF at DCA after 1 p.m. - if that's right we're looking at just a few hours of wet snow, max.  Would be pretty underwhelming.

I didn't even look at the 0z gfs/nam panels. Just read the thread. After reading the 2/12-13 threads today the similar discos between models are almost identical in some ways. Certainley not the same setup but the camps are reruns.

My over under yesterday was 5". I'm dropping that to 4" for now but as usual we won't really know until gametime

tried to get a cell phone pic of the clownmap on cable news during the "wait for ferguson".. came out cloudy. still a complete joke nonetheless.

"in-house" local news model? haha that's a good one.

When you have access to global models and the top weather minds in the country on this board, there is no need to turn on the local news for your weather.

People really do fall into predictable patterns here. You can usually guess when certain posters will appear after a bad model run.

The Elizabeth Kubler-Ross stages of loss/grief/facing death: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance. All too often we work through them as we anticipate a storm and our expectations change. 

maybe, but stressing over model runs is a whole lot better than stressing over SSTA and snow cover in Asia

Archived