SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December-winter is finally here!

weathafella

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was guessing, I think we see a region wide event between Christmas and new years

Good chance of that happening. I see a lot of people like the Christmas day storm better than the 20-21 storm. There should be more cold air to work with if the track if right with that one. By no means noone should discount the 20th storm.

The GFS stuff on "Meteostar" doesn't look good. 850 and 925 temps are too high in each of the stormy periods (very high 850s this week but don't look like they mix down too well). Christmas storm looks like a warm Nor'easter. Then cold toward the end of the period (same story we've been reading all month).

Of course, I don't have the expertise to actually judge whether this model is to be trusted and I don't have access to the Euro (and have not the expertise to judge that one either).

So, I'm not holding my breath for lasting snow on the ground before Christmas and will be happy to be surprised should it happen.

The GFS stuff on "Meteostar" doesn't look good. 850 and 925 temps are too high in each of the stormy periods (very high 850s this week but don't look like they mix down too well). Christmas storm looks like a warm Nor'easter. Then cold toward the end of the period (same story we've been reading all month).

Of course, I don't have the expertise to actually judge whether this model is to be trusted and I don't have access to the Euro (and have not the expertise to judge that one either).

So, I'm not holding my breath for lasting snow on the ground before Christmas and will be happy to be surprised should it happen.

EURO is cold enough, I'm not worried about the GFS's tendency to be warm in this period.  12z NAM says don't count out the 18th storm just yet.

I wouldn't worry about the GFS op.

Archived