• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

I think the bust was January, I remember now there was also an event on 2/6 which was basically following an arctic front, the others were 2/13, and 2/21.

The 13th was a surprise in that it was supposed to change to rain sooner but we got 3-4" first. I believe there was also a big interior snowstorm the week before the 3/13-14 superstorm

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice rainy christmas morning for everyone all the way to Canada..

at least the trend is on our side unlike the storm that was supposed to hit this weekend. Maybe we get a blockbuster out of this. You know anytime you get a monster storm off the coast, you will always have dynamic cooling. The setup is there for a major storm, and it could be a snow event if all things go right. Let's see what King Euro sayz?

i think its best we just relax and see how things play out

I agree, but I have a real good feeling about this storm. Especially when I see an Alberta clipper wave type with an airmass of a polar vortex transferring its energy and spinning up a 975 millibar or lower LP. I'll tell you one thing, I have yet to be as excited this year as I am about the potential Christmas storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should go below normal after the 27th and I do believe that storm after the cutter is our best shot of snow this month.

You're fighting history if we don't get any more snow this month and history says we don't fare too well. However this season could be the exception because of the lag in the pattern change. This lag could mean most of Jan and Feb are great.

It should go below normal after the 27th and I do believe that storm after the cutter is our best shot of snow this month.

You're fighting history if we don't get any more snow this month and history says we don't fare too well. However this season could be the exception because of the lag in the pattern change. This lag could mean most of Jan and Feb are great.

Strongly agree.

77-78, 86-87, 2004-2005 would strongly agree with you. Can't say past performance equals future results though. Our chances of a below normal winter rapidly increase if Dec ends up less than 3". Of course we have Dr Cohen on our side this year but even those have bust years too.

1. It's a crappy model.

2. It's the only model showing a solution like that.

3. It's still all rain.

ill take the Canadian over the GFS anytime. Remember last year (you were right) when the GFS was showing a 72 hour snow event for us and Canadian had it suppressed. The CMC ended up being right on a couple of events. Not to say that the CMC is right but all models indeed show a very very strong storm. Read my previous few posts and it'll tell you the likely evolution of the potential nor'easter for the Christmas timeframe.

Archived