joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/26-27/2014 Coastal Storm Banter

SR Airglow

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol I swear this always happens, models insist on making things interesting when I've got writing to do.

I'm working on a lit review of 12 scholarly sources. I have probably 15 hours of work into it and have a few more pages, but man is it awful. I have been so distracted the last couple of days. Lol.

Good things its just a rough draft

Doesn't this look like a travel nightmare for Wednesday, from Mass down the coast to NJ?   Maybe Rt 95 will stay wet along the CT coast but Mass Pike, Rt 84 and the big routes just west of NYC could be horrible.  Is there a analog for a storm like this the travel day before Thanksgiving?

Doesn't this look like a travel nightmare for Wednesday, from Mass down the coast to NJ?   Maybe Rt 95 will stay wet along the CT coast but Mass Pike, Rt 84 and the big routes just west of NYC could be horrible.  Is there a analog for a storm like this the travel day before Thanksgiving?

Are you stalking me?

It is shaping up that way. I'm headed to the in-laws and Syracuse. Yesterday I was thinking I might be able to get on the road 1pm and still be okay. Now I'm thinking even if I hit the road by 8am Wednesday I'm not gonna beat this mess...especially with the combination of end of morning rush and the masses of other travelers also trying to be the storm. Starting to think a early Thursday departure is a much better choice. 

It is shaping up that way. I'm headed to the in-laws and Syracuse. Yesterday I was thinking I might be able to get on the road 1pm and still be okay. Now I'm thinking even if I hit the road by 8am Wednesday I'm not gonna beat this mess...especially with the combination of end of morning rush and the masses of other travelers also trying to be the storm. Starting to think a early Thursday departure is a much better choice. 

I think that might be better.  Mass Pike is usually at near standstill Wed noon on with a 40 mile backup to the Sturbridge exit.  Snow at 32-33F is the worst and with people not clearing windshields and fender benders it could be a nightmare.  Getting up at 5am on Thanksgiving might be a better choice, or even better yet get the family to celebrate on Friday!!

I think that might be better.  Mass Pike is usually at near standstill Wed noon on with a 40 mile backup to the Sturbridge exit.  Snow at 32-33F is the worst and with people not clearing windshields and fender benders it could be a nightmare.  Getting up at 5am on Thanksgiving might be a better choice, or even better yet get the family to celebrate on Friday!!

We didn't have any issues last year...left here around 2 on Wednesday...were on the Pike between 3-4 or so with surprisingly little traffic. Maybe that was an anomaly. I just dread hitting the road early with the kids.

Archived