Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday into Turkey Day Storm

Animal

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean by this post????

I don't see it snowing much at all in the sepa at all other than a coating. There are some on this board that really think/hope they'll see 2-4 inches of snow on the ground and paved surfaces. It's not gonna happen, and I'm basing it off of my living in the area for the past 49 years. In addition it being November and how warm it has been any snow that falls won't stick to much so just don't get your hopes up.

I don't see it snowing much at all in the sepa at all other than a coating. There are some on this board that really think/hope they'll see 2-4 inches of snow on the ground and paved surfaces. It's not gonna happen, and I'm basing it off of my living in the area for the past 49 years. In addition it being November and how warm it has been any snow that falls won't stick to much so just don't get your hopes up.

I am asking as in what do you mean by you only remember once? Once when? November? If so, it is late November. It has happened before (see link although not same setup). If banding sets up areas will cool rapidly at surface. Models have hard time picking this up. Everything above 1000mb is below freezing. Not saying this will be a high accumulation event in extreme SEPA, but to dismiss it completely makes little sense. JMO

http://philadelphiaweather.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-1953-snowstorm.html?m=1

Archived