SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Thanksgiving Weekend Weather (Wed-Sun)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm never saw that. I believe they said it can only cut so far west. Did DT post his daily flip flop yet.

Yeah there is hardly any room for it to come west...but a perfect phase can bring this up the CT river valley or something.

I still think it will end up more east than the Euro shows...but obviously the longer it shows amped up solutions, the more realistic it becomes. There's an enormous amount of spread for an 84 hour forecast right now.

Pretty nasty front end thump before that DS. Not sure which layer goes above 0C first, but it looks close to all snow here through 90hr with nearly 1.50" QPF having already fallen.

My 80 km ECMWF at work shows 700 torching first, 850 hangs on just to your south. We know the drill on this type of evolution anyway. That amount of QPF wouldn't occur after the dry slot, so the significant mixed precip isn't too much of a worry after the thump.

Now northeast of you verbatim would taint pretty good.

Pretty nasty front end thump before that DS. Not sure which layer goes above 0C first, but it looks close to all snow here through 90hr with nearly 1.50" QPF having already fallen.

The WCB is really impressive on these amped up solutions...so you don't lose as much snow as one might htink..the stronger/west solutions have a more hellacious WCB than the colder/SE solutions...so it might be a case of like 8-12 all snow vs like 10" on the front end and then IP/ZR where you are.

Even for like ORH, the Euro runs slams the front end into them with like 6-8" and then a decent period of icing...might briefly go to 33-35F rain before ending as flurries, but hard to say...and really not to relevant yet. But its kind of a mini-paradox for some areas (mostly the interior) on the more amped runs.

What's good for you is better for me.  Guess its time to pick up the phone and call the 3 contractor guys that rely on me.  Last couple of years I have been too far NW with the big systems.  Euro is like a pitbull the bits and will not let go.  It has been consistently west and the other models seem to follow.  Hope it comes back east for all you guys down there, but what a travel nightmare for so many.

Archived