• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking into them. I'm looking to spend like $300. Where would be the best location for one? on the roof?

I can't personally confirm this but I've heard that the solar powered ones can be a real pain in the ass with charging issues.  If its possible it seems that the hard wired units are the way to go.  

Got a Davis and its a champ and has been so for years now!!  Wireless up to 100 yds so its out in my BY all by itself about 15' above ground.  Love it, great Christmas gift from the mrs, a few years back!

Same here. Was tired of the junkie ones. I bought the Davis Vantage Pro2 wired(had issues with wireless and have a lot of tress) for around 400 bucks. I love it. I can't remember where but either ambientweather or scientificsales. I feel for you with the new snowmobile. I am not selling mine. Went up to tug and put 100 miles on sled. Only ride of the year.

About 3 inches here - came down fairly hard for a while with big ol' fat flakes. Still snowing lightly.  Nice look outside with the snow pasted on everything.  

Same 3 inches storm total. Really heavy wet stuff. Some models are making significant strides northward with the next system. Some like the UKMET even bring us rain. ^_^

Lake Erie doing work frozen. ^_^

NYZ010-019-020-085-301445-CATTARAUGUS NY-CHAUTAUQUA NY-ERIE NY-827 AM EST FRI JAN 30 2015...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE AREA...* AT 820 AM A MODERATE TO HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND CAPABLE OFPRODUCING AN INCH TO AN INCH AND A HALF OF SNOW PER HOUR WAS LOCATEDACROSS NORTHERN CHAUTAUQUA...NORTHERN CATTARAUGUS...AND SOUTHERN ERIECOUNTIES. WITHIN THIS SNOWBAND VISIBILITIES WILL BE REDUCED TO AHALF MILE OR LESS THIS MORNING. DRIVERS SHOULD EXPECT SNOW COVEREDAND SLIPPERY ROADS AND ALLOW FOR EXTRA TIME TO REACH THEIRDESTINATION.EXPECT THIS BAND TO WEAKEN BY LATE MORNING...THOUGH BRISKNORTHWESTERLY WINDS MAY CONTINUE THE THREAT OF SNOW COVERED ROADSINTO THE AFTERNOON HOURS.THIS INCLUDES THE NEW YORK THRUWAY BETWEEN EXITS 58 AND 61.

9z SREF's precip field shifted northward as well....compared to 3z....that s/w is just now entering the Canadian WC....might see this become increasing more amped on future, successive runs with all models...

Nice trends for sure.  Meanwhile, we've had a nice 18-hour period of snow here.  Nothing crazy, but a few inches of fairly wet snow through last night and a couple inches of fluff this morning as the temps have nose-dived.  Good freshening of the snow pack, which was turning into a shallow glacier.   

Archived