• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Thu night/Early Fri light snow

ORH_wxman

I decided to start a new thread on this as the guidance at 12z today has picked up some steam on a weak wave along the cold front that passes through the region tonight...the wave is forecasted to ride up the frontal boundary tomorrow night and give a few hours of light snow.

The RGEM is the most robust with 1-2 inches region-wide (except maybe immediate southeast coastal areas) with even spot 3" in N ORH county and S NH. The NAM is the most paltry with just flurries.

GFS and Euro are sort of in between with a coating to an inch of snow for many spots. Perhaps someone gets lucky with 2".

The best spot for this seems to be either central elevated terrain or even interior SE MA with a bit of elevation as the ML frontogensis seems to take off a little bit as the system is exiting to the east. So there could be a ribbon of more enhanced precip in eastern zones.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to start a new thread on this as the guidance at 12z today has picked up some steam on a weak wave along the cold front that passes through the region tonight...the wave is forecasted to ride up the frontal boundary tomorrow night and give a few hours of light snow.

The RGEM is the most rboust with 1-2 inches region-wide (except maybe immediate southeast coastal areas) with even spot 3" in N ORH coutny and S NH. The NAM is the most paltry with just flurries.

GFS and Euro are sort of in between with a coating to an inch of snow for many spots. Perhaps someone gets lucky with 2".

The best spot for this seems to be either central elevated terrain or even interior SE MA with a bit of elevation as the ML frontogensis seems to take off a little bit as the systme is exiting to the east. So there could be a ribbon of more enhanced precip in eastern zones.

This almost looks like  Foxboro/Walpole surprise to me.  Or what I should say is "could be" since it's not exactly a high confidence call.

This almost looks like  Foxboro/Walpole surprise to me.  Or what I should say is "could be" since it's not exactly a high confidence call.

Yeah we'll have to watch it. If it trends like the RGEM, then it could definitely be a sneaky couple inches somewhere. Esp if we can get a little ribbon of good ML fronto.

The flow is really fast and there isn't much room to amplify that vortmax, so it could easily still just be a few wet snow showers too.

Does the Euro get anything up here north of Con NH?  If we could get a couple of inches to stick around this weekend maybe it could help keep it a bit colder if Monday's storm comes to fruition??

It gets a little bit...probably just a coating though...maybe an inch if there's immediate accumulation and half decent ratios (up there, it could be both)

Think there's potential for someone to see 2" or so out of this(probably in the locations that Will brought up although I could see NECT possibly doing well as well), but I think for now the safe call is C-1" for all in SNE and if you get more, be happy.

I said "central elevated terrain" for SNE which would include NW RI and NE CT along with central MA...so it is implied. Though the further east anyone can get with elevation, the better in this setup.

I said "central elevated terrain" for SNE which would include NW RI and NE CT along with central MA...so it is implied. Though the further east anyone can get with elevation, the better in this setup.

Yeah my bad, I should have figured that one out, and agreed with your second point completely. Could easily be a Blue Hills jackpot here IMO.

Does the Euro get anything up here north of Con NH? If we could get a couple of inches to stick around this weekend maybe it could help keep it a bit colder if Monday's storm comes to fruition??

either way...whatever little bit (if any) we get on Fri will have no bearing on Monday's outcome.

Yeah my bad, I should have figured that one out, and agreed with your second point completely. Could easily be a Blue Hills jackpot here IMO.

Yeah Blue Hill could do quite well...or as Scott mentioned specifically before, Foxboro/Walpole/Sharon type region nearby that has a bit of elevation.

If we get that nice little burst of precip as it exits stage right. Something to watch.

The RGEM is the most robust with 1-2 inches region-wide (except maybe immediate southeast coastal areas) with even spot 3" in N ORH county and S NH. The NAM is the most paltry with just flurries.

The best spot for this seems to be either central elevated terrain or even interior SE MA with a bit of elevation as the ML frontogensis seems to take off a little bit as the system is exiting to the east. So there could be a ribbon of more enhanced precip in eastern zones.

Admittedly a "weenie" question but does KHPH get into the action?

Archived