SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Lake Effect Snow Belts Discussion Thread

TugHillMatt

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that pretty frequently with the HRRR's 1 km reflectivity.  Not sure why it does that but it never verifies like that.

Yeah, seems odd.  Airmass will be drying out overall and inland extent should diminish considerably, but low level flow still decently strong overnight so it doesn't really make sense for the band to shift offshore. 

8 to 10 new inches of snow around here since last night. Been snowing heavily all day. GRR NWS is calling for 5 to 10 inches more just on Monday.

They are talking about a meso-low likely forming and hitting the area. If that happens, we will have between 2 and 3 feet on the ground.

snow settles. snow upon snow upon snow compacts. 3' is actually pretty hard to come by... especially in the LP.

snow settles. snow upon snow upon snow compacts. 3' is actually pretty hard to come by.

My area had a 1 foot glacier on the ground already. 8 to 10 inches yesterday into today, and then another 5 to 10 inches on Monday. Easily attainable to reach 2 feet or more on the ground.

I have recorded between 2 and 3 feet on the ground every winter here for the time that I've lived here, except for the mild winter of 11-12.

My area had a 1 foot glacier on the ground already. 8 to 10 inches yesterday into today, and then another 5 to 10 inches on Monday. Easily attainable to reach 2 feet or more on the ground.

I have recorded between 2 and 3 feet on the ground every winter here for the time that I've lived here, except for the mild winter of 11-12.

wow that's awesome. I didn't think it got 3' routinely south of Grayling.

wow that's awesome. I didn't think it got 3' routinely south of Grayling.

Oh yeah. The area from Allegan to Holland to Muskegon usually has a several week period each winter where the snow pack builds up pretty high. It all averages out because that same period the next winter could have much less. It comes at different times of the winter. We get to over 2 feet...it's just less consistent than up in the Gaylord area.

Oh yeah. The area from Allegan to Holland to Muskegon usually has a several week period each winter where the snow pack builds up pretty high. It all averages out because that same period the next winter could have much less. It comes at different times of the winter. We get to over 2 feet...it's just less consistent than up in the Gaylord area.

Can add Van Buren ( Bloomingdale ) to that.. Ofcourse many of those areas from Bloomingdale up towards you average 95-105" or so..

Archived