joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any farther east and we are smoking cirrus here.

Might be a narrow separation between smoking cirrus and slopping thru slush.

No snowfall maps from GYX yet?

from their morning AFD:

SO A LOT OF UNCERTAINTY STILL IN PLAY. POTENTIAL

FOR 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IS THERE BUT WILL LIKELY HOLD OFF ON

WATCHES AT THIS POINT FOR ABOVE MENTIONED REASONS.

Really enjoying the view this afternoon, constantly changes with so many cloud layers.  3pm and 56.8F which is my high.

Looking forward to the snow cover, hope the deer are out eating like crazy, tons of apples under my trees which will soon be snowcovered.

Nice, 1100' high enough to see some undercast even. 

Powderfreak.  You must be freaking out looking at the NAM.  Nada for you and .35" for me but it will keep  coming west and catch up to the bigboys.

It is not looking good here. We are basically on the line for high cirrus or light amounts. We shall see. This is not a northern VT event for the most part. Officially BTV has me pegged for 1-3 for now and 2-4 closer to Powder's area from synoptic snows.

Allenson - I'm at Quoddy Head Station as well! Mostly because all the B&Bs are closed for the season, but completely satisfied with the Station - a group of us may return here in summer next year based on my recommendation. Cloudy skies nixed sunrise but we're gonna have fun hiking the West Quoddy SP trails today, and also check out Schoodic Peninsula on our way back south.

Nice!  I loved that place. The fellow who runs it was great and the location is fantastic.  Got up early one morning for the obligatory sunrise shot.

We stayed in the cabin on the right side of the parking area. 

Powderfreak.  You must be freaking out looking at the NAM.  Nada for you and .35" for me but it will keep  coming west and catch up to the bigboys.

Its disappointing but I was never really "feeling" this event, though the EURO got me a bit excited yesterday afternoon.  But for up here, suppressed coastal storms are always the fear, so its gotta be a real hugger on most models to have me really jump in.  I stuck with 1-3" for the mountain throughout the whole thing, so while folks were wondering what I was looking at yesterday when the local media started hyping it, I'll end up looking pretty good.

Conservative in coastal storms is the way to go up here unless there's a high confidence in a real hugging track.

Nice!  I loved that place. The fellow who runs it was great and the location is fantastic.  Got up early one morning for the obligatory sunrise shot.

We stayed in the cabin on the right side of the parking area.

lol .. I was in the Cabin as well. Yes, great area that I will need to revisit next year ... will have to get a passport and visit Campobello. The coastal trail at Quoddy Head State Park was amazing, but the persistent clouds muted the pics

post-254-0-31575700-1416869890_thumb.jpg

Looking good for 6+ here, but not spiking the ball. Good luck to all and happy Thanksgiving :)

BTV with a record high today...

SXUS71 KBTV 242236

RERBTV

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT

535 PM EST MON NOV 24 2014

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT BURLINGTON VT AND MASSENA NEW

YORK TODAY...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 67 DEGREES WAS SET AT BURLINGTON VT

TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 65 SET IN 1999.

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 70 DEGREES WAS SET AT MASSENA NY TODAY.

THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 69 SET IN 2003.

$$

BTV has itself a snowmap:

24NOV14A.jpg

It's nice to see accumulations up this way.  I've added the advisories map below as well – I thought I saw the Winter Storm Watches farther north into Vermont earlier, but as of now it's just the southern two counties:

24NOV14B.jpg

The point forecast here in Waterbury calls for 2-4" or so of snow as of my latest check this evening.

Whoa, impressive line passing through – it's loud out there.

24NOV14A.gif

Yeah just came to post the same thing...holy cow at the sound of that roar. The wind is incredible and just pouring rain pounding the house sideways. I'm actually surprised we didn't lose power, that would've given any summer storm a run for it's money. I saw Mansfield gusted into the 70s prior to the line, I bet we mixed some solid 40+ gusts down here.

Archived