Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick measurement of two inches new on the back steps, moderate snow currentlt

About the same here. I am somewhat pleasantly surprised. I guess I've been so focused on the Grinch of Christmas future, I didn't even think of a couple of inches of fluff would be possible. Anyway, just a little more armor against the upcoming ugliness.

Event totals: 0.5” Snow/0.24" L.E.

There was certainly some snow accumulation overnight, but the accumulation on the board was very slushy and dense.  Precipitation was a light mix of rain and snow this morning when I made my observations.

Details from the 7:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.5 inches

New Liquid: 0.24 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 2.1

Snow Density: 48.0% H2O

Temperature: 33.8 F

Sky: Light Snow/Rain

Snow at the stake: 7.0"

lots of nickels and dimes this month.  or pennies.

getting close to 2 ft on the season.  lol.  feeling kinda optimistic once past saturday....but afraid to feel optimistic.

22.1" here. I'm a bit bummed about the grinch storm now. I didn't think we'd pull off more than a half inch last night. If the CAD holds on a little better than progged maybe we can escape with some patchy piles Christmas morning.

Cool!  Well it certainly won't be like 2 years ago... December 2012 was the most epic holiday week I can remember since at least 2004.  We never get big snowstorms during the holiday week, and I think we had two good snowstorms that week.  Most of the rest of the time it seems to like to rain during that time, so that 2012 holiday week was something special.  That winter wasn't going all that great into mid-December then I think it snowed like 80" in pretty much 2 weeks.  I remember Sugarbush had over 100" that December alone, mostlly in the second half of the month.  They got hit a little harder than us up north,

With all honesty, I'm not sure if its the weather pattern relaxing around this time or what, but I'd wager we seem to get more rainstorms than snowstorms during the holiday week on average over the past 10 years.  I'm going to have to do some research, but getting a snowstorm during the week like in 2012 is very hard to do. 

Yea, it was fantastic that week. Best part -- it was my first time at Stowe! Haha, I got spoiled right from the start.

Even though this coming week will be mostly groomer runs it will be fun. Piecasso is the jam. Right next to where I stay.

Jay Peak cracks me up... somehow when there's a snowstorm that is modeled to be south and east, they will get the most snow.  However when its a rainstorm, naturally the worst will stay away from them.  Orographic lift and enhancement only happens when its snow, not rain.  And I have no idea how their snow reporter gets away with using borderline profanity on the report, lol.

Jay Peak cracks me up... somehow when there's a snowstorm that is modeled to be south and east, they will get the most snow.  However when its a rainstorm, naturally the worst will stay away from them.  Orographic lift and enhancement only happens when its snow, not rain.  And I have no idea how their snow reporter gets away with using borderline profanity on the report, lol.

attachicon.gifJayPeakReport.jpg

is there any non truths though? seems about right based on latest progs

Archived