FEW DEGREES FROM CURRENT READINGS.

PF is internet weather geek famous he made it into an afd

A REPORT FROM A TRUSTWORTHY SPOTTER AT

THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS ON MT. MANSFIELD INDICATE CLEAR SKIES ABOVE

2500-3000FT ABOVE THE INVERSION SO TRIED TO INDICATE THAT IN THE

GRIDS AS WELL. TEMPS WILL RUN MAINLY IN THE 30S...RISING ONLY A

FEW DEGREES FROM CURRENT READINGS.

PF is internet weather geek famous he made it into an afd

Haha.  Pictures make you a "trustworthy" spotter.

What's even crazier, is we've got almost flurries falling at the base.  They are small ice crystals but at times get large enough to even call flurries. 

It is such a dreary day down low, then you go up top and its crazy like March spring skiing.

24F at 1,500ft and 37F at the top of the Gondola.  There's your inversion.

That 45F on Mansfield will be a record high for the date LOL.

1 42.0 1992-12-15

2 41.0 2008-12-15

3 40.0 1983-12-15

Yeah we'd be on fire if it wasn't for that inversion...I've got 30F at home and 27F at the office but 41F at 3,600ft.

Dry adabatic warming would put the valleys in the 60s today without that inversion.

photo_gallery_img_5946_edited_3.jpg

Haha this stuff up here is crazy fascinating. The craziest inversion sounding using that MMN mesonet was from the ice storm, that was just wicked lol.

15o72tz.png

I will never forget seeing that 55F appear on wunderground on Mansfield while we were in the 20's.

Well, the power seems to be finally back on for good.  Quite the rollercoaster over here since last Tuesday--more off than on but occasionally it would come back and get our hopes up only to back off right around the time it would get dark outside. 

We ended up with about 7" here (despite the 5" the show on their map from my reports--they decided to close out the storm even though it snowed for another day or so....).

We have 11" otg at the hood and I'll bet there's 2-3" of water therein.  Heavy base material.

Under the undercast here in the OC hills:

15843354390_3718e6ddc7_h.jpg

Well, the power seems to be finally back on for good.  Quite the rollercoaster over here since last Tuesday--more off than on but occasionally it would come back and get our hopes up only to back off right around the time it would get dark outside. 

We ended up with about 7" here (despite the 5" the show on their map from my reports--they decided to close out the storm even though it snowed for another day or so....).

We have 11" otg at the hood and I'll bet there's 2-3" of water therein.  Heavy base material.

Under the undercast here in the OC hills:

15843354390_3718e6ddc7_h.jpg

Nice pic!  Glad you got your power back.  I had a friend just get theirs back yesterday. 

Funny how there have been two snowstorms so far this year and both have been significant power impacts from ME/NH in the first one, and VT in the second one. 

You sound like you have the same snow as here, 10-12" on the ground and like 3" of liquid in there, haha.

That's a sweet view.  Like the wind towers.  You up there to snowmobile or ski?

Mostly just up there this weekend to go on small hike and drink beers, skiing will be later in the season.  Sold the snowmobiles last year---no time!  We have a family place up there consisting of just a big shed with a wood stove.

The pic is from Rattlesnake Mountain in Rumney, right near Rumney Rocks for those of you who rock-climb.

I like that inversion pic you took, that's crazy it looks like something you'd see in the Alps.   

Archived