Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

powder , looks like stowe cam still has low visibility, what sort of precip you seeing with that big batch

We had mixed but now it seems to have gone back to all snow down in town.  I'm off from the mountain today, but I heard they had about 2" up there as of like 10am at the base. 

Its gotta be real close to switching over, but i also think the size of the snowflakes is causing the radar to look more intimidating than it is.  We're snowing lightly but steadily and are struggling to accumulate anything more because its 33F out.

This is the HRRR forecast for 925mb temps at noon (though I saved it from early this morning when it was a 10-hour forecast) and its working out quite well with the colored radar and observations.  The SE flow seems to be keeping the east side just cold enough for snow but we'll be switching over soon for good.

photo_zps4736e39a.png

November_17b_zpsxcwav10a.gif

IMG_4330_edited-1_zpsfc1da7b7.jpg

IMG_4328_edited-1_zps92567d0b.jpg

We seem to be over to something that is not snow in Stowe right now... looks like final total will be 1.4".

Here in Burlington the precipitation was transitioning to some grainier flakes and sleet around 10:30 A.M., but it never really changed over all the way and has been back to just straight snowfall since then.  I can see snow falling at the house as well via the J&E Productions Live Web Cam, although with the way the visible snow accumulation by my measurement stake settled down somewhat, I suspect there's been some denser precipitation in there as well.

Here in Burlington the precipitation was transitioning to some grainier flakes and sleet around 10:30 A.M., but it never really changed over all the way and has been back to just straight snowfall since then.  I can see snow falling at the house as well via the J&E Productions Live Web Cam, although with the way the visible snow accumulation by my measurement stake settled down somewhat, I suspect there's been some denser precipitation in there as well.

Yeah after I made that post we went back to light snow with slightly steadier precip moving in.  Still flakes out there now but its getting warmer out there.  The Pines are starting to drop their snow, however I'm surprised we are still cold enough aloft to be snowing.

Yeah after I made that post we went back to light snow with slightly steadier precip moving in.  Still flakes out there now but its getting warmer out there.  The Pines are starting to drop their snow, however I'm surprised we are still cold enough aloft to be snowing.

Yeah, I was surprised that it was still snowing as well, but it's definitely over to sleet here in Burlington now, so there is warm air up there somewhere.

31.9F light freezing rain.  Trees have a glaze especially the ones not facing south.  Drove up to 1300 feet and general glaze on trees and dirt road is very icy.  Nice to hold on to below freezing temps much of the day.  Now with the sun angle lowering will I tick down a few tenths or keep rising as the warm air keeps invading on top of me?

Archived