SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 14/15 Banter & Complaint Thread

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last winter was a nonstop party at the playboy mansion with victoria secret models.   So far this season, I've logged a 3 a.m. sympathy handy by Esther the barmaid.

that wasn't a complaint/banter, just an analogous comparison/observation.

last winter was a non-stop party at a Mcmansion, relentless but no blockbusters

Nov 17th system from 2013 was the last real high end event worth tracking in our subforum. I feel like last winter was a non stop obs parade...not too much to really balls out track.

i'm totally coo with last winter...just tracking wise....not much in the blockbuster category...whatever...go bears!

The standout event for me last winter was Jan 5...not just the snowstorm but the immediate plunge into the deep freeze.  Roads were a nightmare for days because of how cold it was.

The standout event for me last winter was Jan 5...not just the snowstorm but the immediate plunge into the deep freeze.  Roads were a nightmare for days because of how cold it was.

That is very true....forgot about the arctic plunge.  That was pretty neat to track in the long/medium/and short range.  Not a ton of style points in fun-ness....but yeah, that was a fun tracker

Yup. I remember driving home from work Jan 6th with -50F wind chills. Heat was on full blast and I couldnt get warm...traffic was moving MAYBE 15-20mph....the roads had a layer of thick packed ice that was unremovable. Driving on the ice glazed roads Jan 6-7-8 was actually the most scared Ive ever been while driving. 11" snowstorm began with very mild temps, and then an insane temp plunge before plows could get everything. I was enjoying every minute of it, 16" depth and snowbanks everywhere.

Not in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that was ONLY the beginning :wub:

3714.jpg

3722.jpg

January 5, 2014 was one of the higher impact storms to hit a good chunk of Indiana in quite awhile...when taking the combo of snow, wind, and extreme cold. For a storm that only dropped 11.5" here, it's on my list of favorites.

Some of the rural scenes I have saved from that storm. 99% sure these were taken by Fickle Heights.

Chicago has been dealing with Michigan level cloudiness.

With a stunning overnight change in conditions, its upper 20s and cloudy with patchy morning fog here on the glorious south side, home to God's greatest baseball team, the 2005 World Champion Chicago White Sox

January 5, 2014 was one of the higher impact storms to hit a good chunk of Indiana in quite awhile...when taking the combo of snow, wind, and extreme cold. For a storm that only dropped 11.5" here, it's on my list of favorites.

Some of the rural scenes I have saved from that storm. 99% sure these were taken by Fickle Heights.

attachicon.gif1:5:14 clinton county #1.jpg

attachicon.gif1:5-7:14 clinton county #2.jpg

I'm salivating at that snowy field.....

I can almost feel the jet-ski like motion that field would yield on my Ski-doo.

The next two weeks look quite interesting, nothing to be bummed about. Lots of disturbances, chances of a nice heavy dose of snow from the second low in Michigan.

For IMBYers, if you complain about missing out on big dogs, prepare yourself for lots of disappointment. Took me 13 years to crack 12 inches.

If snow is that big of a deal to you, do what myself and others did, find a hobby that makes chasing snow worthwhile. My love of winter predates my snowmobile hobby.

The next two weeks look quite interesting, nothing to be bummed about. Lots of disturbances, chances of a nice heavy dose of snow from the second low in Michigan.

For IMBYers, if you complain about missing out on big dogs, prepare yourself for lots of disappointment. Took me 13 years to crack 12 inches.

If snow is that big of a deal to you, do what myself and others did, find a hobby that makes chasing snow worthwhile. My love of winter predates my snowmobile hobby.

That's what she said!!!!!!!

Archived