joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late 1980's skating rink party music for the win.  I remember well.

Well I grew up in a simpler time.  The birth control pill was released when I was thirteen, girls burned their bras, and we didn't have to wrap ourselves in a radial tire while having sex, to keep from catching something that would eventually kill us.  Now that's nostalgia.  

Enjoy your skating memories.   :)

Well I grew up in a simpler time. The birth control pill was released when I was thirteen, girls burned their bras, and we didn't have to wrap ourselves in a radial tire while having sex, to keep from catching something that would eventually kill us. Now that's nostalgia.

Enjoy your skating memories. :)

I bet there were some swingin' times before the 80s! The free love, no gluten allergies,and no TWC ! (:

Something that would piss me off, is if we actually do get snow during the next couple of weeks and I don't have the outside Christmas lights up. Happened once before.. It's hard enough to get snow before Christmas and to get it before Thanksgiving is kind of a joke (....but I wouldn't complain too much). I suppose the bigger joke was for those folks in SC that had snow before Halloween.  

Something that would piss me off, is if we actually do get snow during the next couple of weeks and I don't have the outside Christmas lights up. Happened once before.. It's hard enough to get snow before Christmas and to get it before Thanksgiving is kind of a joke (....but I wouldn't complain too much). I suppose the bigger joke was for those folks in SC that had snow before Halloween.

You just put them up before Halloween or leave them up all year long like they do in Waycross ! :)

Here comes the drama... via Accuweather.com

Arctic air associated with the polar vortex will lunge into the North Central United States early next week and will expand southward and eastward to affect about 200 million people as the week progresses.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-to-vist-central-u/36890008

Here comes the drama... via Accuweather.com

Arctic air associated with the polar vortex will lunge into the North Central United States early next week and will expand southward and eastward to affect about 200 million people as the week progresses.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-to-vist-central-u/36890008

and this : http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/07/intense-storm-headed-to-alaskas-aleutian-islands/20990257/?ncid=webmail3

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- An explosive storm surpassing the intensity of 2012's Superstorm Sandy is expected to reach Alaska's western Aleutian Islands over the weekend and bring unseasonably frigid temperatures to much of the U.S. next week, weather forecasters said Thursday......

and this : http://www.aol.com/article/2014/11/07/intense-storm-headed-to-alaskas-aleutian-islands/20990257/?ncid=webmail3

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- An explosive storm surpassing the intensity of 2012's Superstorm Sandy is expected to reach Alaska's western Aleutian Islands over the weekend and bring unseasonably frigid temperatures to much of the U.S. next week, weather forecasters said Thursday......

Surpassing? :blink::clap::shiver:

If this were January I could see some days next week not getting out of the 20s

Well, Vicki Graf WSOC in Charlotte just put out an article saying we can expect a mild, wet winter.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/el-nino-indicates-wet-mild-winter-area/nh3TQ/

Would suck, but also be comical if she lucks into being right somehow.  I wonder if she knows there are cold north American Nino's too?  I also wonder if it took her more than 5 minutes to issue her forecast?

Me thinks it might be dry and cold end of next week, trend seems to be colder and drier.

Winter Storm criteria lowered... isn't that like lowering the passing grade so more kids graduate.

I'll take cold and dry all day long! IMO , it's easier to stir up some moisture when the cold is locked in, rather than having the moisture and trying to get the cold air involved.

Hey guys, check this out. This is from February 2010 in Staunton, Virginia along I-81 in the Shenandoah Valley.. very cool!!

This is what i wish for all of us this Winter... Hopefully more than once!!   :)

Cool video!

Was that from the first Snowmageddon storm or the second one (I'm guessing the first)?  I actually piggybacked my way to 2-3" of snow right before dawn on that one as the storm moved in before we changed over to 33/rain for the rest of the day.  I guess you all got clobbered the afternoon and night.  IIRC, we really weren't supposed to get much snow from it, so it was one of those awesome surprise over-performers here.  A couple hours of heavy snow before dawn is always a good way to start the day. :D

I'm afraid you might be waiting a century or more if you hope to see anything like that here, though. :D

I'd love to experience something like that sometime.  I might have to chase one sometime, though I'm not sure if it would feel the same not being at home.  Maybe I'll move further up north after I'm done with grad school.  I don't really know yet.

Yeah, i know i don't want to live here my whole life, i just miss the weather further North already. And what's cool is that you don't have to go up to mountains to get it. 

The latitude makes such a difference. The northern valley only averages 25 inches or so a winter, but the threats are so much more frequent and the chances for big storms are so much greater. Plus..

it just feels like home!!!   :snowing:  :wub:

Archived