Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To wxblue, HT, ward, 85, franklin, jacob etc. Thanks for your contributions. No true wnc person is going to rip any snow map right or wrong. We all just appreciate the effort. Anybody that wants to rip a map needs to show us their map. 5.5 of beautiful glorious snow. 8.5 for the week. A good week of winter weather.

To wxblue, HT, ward, 85, franklin, jacob etc. Thanks for your contributions. No true wnc person is going to rip any snow map right or wrong. We all just appreciate the effort. Anybody that wants to rip a map needs to show us their map. 5.5 of beautiful glorious snow. 8.5 for the week. A good week of winter weather.

Hear, hear!

Great words man! Hey until this week a lot of us were extremely frustrated. It is nice just to have snow on the ground. We have about 6 inches here and it is plastered on everything! Just beautiful outside! Total weeks snowfall is 11 inches with total season snowfall of 32 inches. Next I am watching that impulse from the Ohio valley to drop some snow maybe.

Great words man! Hey until this week a lot of us were extremely frustrated. It is nice just to have snow on the ground. We have about 6 inches here and it is plastered on everything! Just beautiful outside! Total weeks snowfall is 11 inches with total season snowfall of 32 inches. Next I am watching that impulse from the Ohio valley to drop some snow maybe.

Seems to be over performing here in Indiana, much better radar than I was led to believe but I haven't looked at any models for this so I'm not sure how true that is.

Well, time to put a little crow on my bagel this morning. We must have gotten pounded after I went to bed last night. At midnight, I had 3 inches and awoke to 7.5 inches. Really didn't get started here until about 9. Glad most saw a pretty good snow. not quite sure if it salvaged the winter but it certainly helped.

I do feel sorry for our upstate SC folks. They really got screwed on this one. We've all been there and know how that feels. Probably more so for them because their opportunities like this are so rare.

Well, time to put a little crow on my bagel this morning. We must have gotten pounded after I went to bed last night. At midnight, I had 3 inches and awoke to 7.5 inches. Really didn't get started here until about 9. Glad most saw a pretty good snow. not quite sure if it salvaged the winter but it certainly helped.

I do feel sorry for our upstate SC folks. They really got screwed on this one. We've all been there and know how that feels. Probably more so for them because their opportunities like this are so rare.

Nice Joe. With the November snow, I have managed to get to 12 inches for the winter season. Not great, but it has been way worse. Looks like we take a break, but I am sure March will have a surprise somewhere,

Congrats on the Snow fellas! I thought that the bands over N MS, N AL, SE  TN would do you guys right. Snow forecast's in the SE are a crap shoot at best. That being said there is no better place to be than the Mnts of WNC. With the added bonus of elevation & lift it sets up time & again to be the overall winner. Do other places get more snow from time to time?.....of course but overall you are the true SE jackpot zone. So enjoy "your" snow....don't worry about the guy next door so to speak & most of all thank your lucky stars for where you live your life everyday! Now......with that being said I'm going to the beach!!!! Hahahahahah!

Nice Joe. With the November snow, I have managed to get to 12 inches for the winter season. Not great, but it has been way worse. Looks like we take a break, but I am sure March will have a surprise somewhere,

yeah hopefully we can end with a big March storm. I'm not interested in a cold April at all.

6 inches here in west asheville, 9 for the week so I can't complain about not seeing 10 last night like I was hoping. some folks south of us got screwed on this one and north of us got more than they were suppose to, go figure. maybe a March surprise or two but I'm ready for spring also.

Archived