Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just not seeing it. Hoping some of those nice returns in NE GA can make it here, but not seeing much behind it. That being said, the snow that has come down so far has been beautiful, but I think we will be lucky to reach the lower end of our forecast.

You could be right. I have avoided the radar. I don't want to see an ugly radar when it is snowing nicely. You're right. It is beautiful.

What do you Buncombe County guys have?? I just took multiple measurements and 2.5 inches is the most common and it is snowing hard. Am I the only one with ant decent accumulation? That would be a 1st on this board.

Pushing 2.5-3 inches here just east of you a ways in McDowell

What do you Buncombe County guys have?? I just took multiple measurements and 2.5 inches is the most common and it is snowing hard. Am I the only one with any decent accumulation? That would be a 1st on this board.

About 2" here in the southwestern part of the county. Tiny flakes continue.

Based on radar I will have to revise the forecast downward for the AVL area. My original call was 5-8". My new call is 3-5". Just seems the low will pass further east than today's models suggested. And 00Z NAM has cut way back as well with everything ending by midnight.

Archived