Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3rd Annual Snow Thread for the Mountains

Met1985

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told my wife last night that if I had bought your property, I'd be sitting up there waiting on the snow to fall!!! :-)

Probably should mention that road plowing is not allowed in that subdivision...and true this storm will probably not strand anyone up there but some of the drifting could be problematic. :) (Last Winter, a couple of individuals were stranded for 2 weeks above the 5500 foot level.)  Unfortunately, I won't be there for this storm but I will get to watch some snow showers locally this afternoon as snow is knocking on the door step right now here in Michigan.

are you in a nice upslope (NW facing) spot in Yancey county?

Enjoy the storm, jealous

We usually do pretty well with upslope. My mountain faces NNW and my house is about 4100 feet. We're about 6 miles from the Tn line. Very pretty but remote and rugged so there's only a handful of people that live around here.

Still a rain/mostly snow mix. Temps dropping painfully slow, 33.1. Only .6 degrees in the past hour. The slightest dusting is appearing. 

We usually do pretty well with upslope. My mountain faces NNW and my house is about 4100 feet. We're about 6 miles from the Tn line. Very pretty but remote and rugged so there's only a handful of people that live around here.

Still a rain/mostly snow mix. Temps dropping painfully slow, 33.1. Only .6 degrees in the past hour. The slightest dusting is appearing. 

Glad you are getting flakes Joe!  Send them my way!

Go Joe!

snow to the valley floor in Graham County 36 degrees

Nice!

Very cool. We are seeing the temp plummet here in Haywood. Very cool the wind has really picked up but we have some clearing and the temp has gone from 36 degrees to 32.6 in a matter of half an hour.

My current temp is 41.2.  Hopefully you are about to get some flakes!  Then 2 hours later ours will start lol!

Probably me to. The wind has really turned wicked out there. Still some clear skies but temp is down to 30 degrees.

Mine is down to 39.4!  We can see freezing from here lol.  Got my go pro ready to stick to the back of my car in the parking lot.  Thinking I will do 30 sec interval pics and try to time-lapse the whole event in around 15 seconds.  Should be pretty neat if all works out.  Also got my other video camera ready to document.  Critical thickness values are plummeting, it won't be long now for you getting into the heavy.

Archived