http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=BUF&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF

ERIE COUNTY...

WALES CENTER 37.0 345 PM 11/20 SOCIAL MEDIA

ANGOLA 33.0 337 PM 11/20 SOCIAL MEDIA

HAMBURG 31.5 452 PM 11/20 NWS EMPLOYEE

4 NW ALDEN 12.0 429 PM 11/20 NWS EMPLOYEE

NY BUFFALO INTL ARPT 8.1 425 PM 11/20 ASOS

IAqtjSD.png

South Cheektowaga had 60 inches, North Cheektowaga had 2. Lake effect accumulations vary by every 1/2 mile. Hamburg is about 4-6 miles across and 4-5 miles from top to bottom

IAqtjSD.png

South Cheektowaga had 60 inches, North Cheektowaga had 2. Lake effect accumulations vary by every 1/2 mile. Hamburg is about 4-6 miles across and 4-5 miles from top to bottom

To be clear, I had bolded the Hamburg amount because it seemed like it was in the ballpark that you were reporting.  You are at 38.5 now for the day, correct?  Seems like the NWS employee amount is pretty close to yours in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: nice pics but try to look less glum and like you are enjoying it.  :P

To be clear, I had bolded the Hamburg amount because it seemed like it was in the ballpark that you were reporting.  You are at 38.5 now for the day, correct?  Seems like the NWS employee amount is pretty close to yours in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: nice pics but try to look less glum and like you are enjoying it.  :P

Yes, that is correct. No problem I misunderstood. My bad!

Awesome pics once again Buffalo. You have done a tremendous job capturing everything that has unfolded in the area up there. Most of us have been living vicariously by you and you pretty much have unlocked our inner snow weenie haha. What an event

Thank you Mill! I feel like one more aftermath video is in store tomorrow. Then I am taking a break until next weeks event. :popcorn:

Well, that feeder band that I thought would "hold" the main band a bit too the north, is coming in at too steep an angle, and is aiding in the southward push...sometimes, if a feeder band intercepts the main band at a small angle, you'll actually see it "draw" the main band toward it....see it happen a lot over L. Ontario...that said, great event for the s/c portion of Erie county....CONGRATS ON A LIFETIME EVENT!!!! :snowwindow:  :clap:

Well, that feeder band that I thought would "hold" the main band a bit too the north, is coming in at too steep an angle, and is aiding in the southward push...sometimes, if a feeder band intercepts the main band at a small angle, you'll actually see it "draw" the main band toward it....see it happen a lot over L. Ontario...that said, great event for the s/c portion of Erie county....CONGRATS ON A LIFETIME EVENT!!!! :snowwindow:  :clap:

Thanks LEK! I've enjoyed every minute of this. The only problem is no winter weather event is going to compare to this. ^_^ 2014 is the best year ever in Buffalo for winter weather storms.

January 2014 Blizzard

March 2014 Blizzard

November 2014 Historic Lake Effect Event

Incredible year.

I'm on east campus. Its pouring snow right now. Hoping the band can hold on for a while

The bands off both lakes right now both exhibit characteristics of "strong wind bands" in that the immediate shorelines are not getting in on the intense part of the bands.  Generally Oswego needs light winds to get hit very hard or else the band tends to be weak on the shorelines...I have not looked closely but there must be some strong winds in the 900mb layer because surface winds right now at KFZY/KSYR and KROC are not strong.

Archived