Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Historic Lake Effect Snowstorm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone should have been at 75 already. It's virtually impossible to measure with the winds and compaction as most aren't measuring every 6 hours in this stuff.

Yeah, it might be tough, but someone has got to pull out of that with 100". Radar approximations of total precip and combined with the analysis of soundings from KBUF scream perfect conditions for someone getting 100+". I know that's not how it works, but dang man. You get perfect dendritic snow growth according to soundings and 3-5"/hr over 16 hours or so. I almost find it's basically impossible in situations like this to ever get a clear cut accumulation measurement. Oh well, all accumulation talk aside, this is without a doubt up there with the LES events in the late 70's and probably will end up tops for many. Two day totals will be on the side of insanity territory similar to the likes to 5 day events around the lakes. Tremendous

looking at storm total  QPF from radar around buffalo overlayed with second round, it looks like second round is centered about 5 miles south of first round 

Definitely. More focused on the next tier of suburbs, Hamburg, Orchard Park, East Aurora. See what happens overnight into tomorrow. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills Jets game moved to another day. I don't see how they get that stadium cleared of this much snow in a day or two.

It's beyond pathetic TWC is running taped reality programming while an epic weather event is occurring.  Two nights ago The Weather Channel issued a press release stating the network would be preempting its prime time reality programming schedule..in order to hear this guys, cover the weather.  Amazing. 

Man I can't get a break here, I took a quick nap and missed all the action FML. :angry: . It dropped a quick 4-5" as it moved quickly thru the city.

If you look at latest radar trend I think it might make it pretty far north soon. Not sure how far though. Look at upstream and downstream radar. There is a clear northward drift to the band north of Cleveland/Erie in the last few frames.

http://wivb.com/weather/radar/

Archived