Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2014-15 Discussion

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've watched it snow for the last 3 hours or so, big Chiefs game today. Gotta root them on!

Moderate snow, big flake size (i can cross that off my list).... right now. Probably going to end up with 4" or so.

Emergency road conditions here.

Well, I've watched it snow for the last 3 hours or so, big Chiefs game today. Gotta root them on!

Moderate snow, big flake size (i can cross that off my list).... right now. Probably going to end up with 4" or so.

Emergency road conditions here.

That's a pretty great first snow of the year man! Pulling for the Chiefs here too. I hate the Seahawks.

So far we've got, perhaps, an inch here on the north side of OKC.  After an hour or two of fairly light stuff, it has started to pick up again.  Just eyeballing the radar, it looks like a band of light-to-maybe-moderate stuff is going to pass right through the city over the next few hours with me (hopefully) getting in on the northern edge.

FWIW, I just took a drive.  Roads are so so.  Some spots are wet... others are snow covered and pretty darn slippery.  I suspect that, if we can get another inch or so (which I think is reasonable) and it keeps falling until nightfall, plenty of schools in Central OK will be cancelling tomorrow.    

Some sleet has been mixing in with the rain band over Denton county. As already noted there were a couple CGs detected. Good thing temperatures are above freezing or that would have set the stage for a very localized, but high-impact ice storm.

That's good news. There's nothing I hate more than ice. I hate it for anybody.

Ya, the mets down here busted on that! They kept saying just flurries south of I-40. The main low was a perfect track for OKC though.

I'm noticing on radar though that the storm may start drifting back to the north over time. It's really hard to tell but that's the way it appears to me. It may not be completely over for some of us who have been left out.

Last November snow of more than a trace for down here looks to be 1996. (Fayetteville totals) It was a 13 inch winter so not bad. They finally put 2009 back on there. It snowed 33 inches that year. Pretty amazing that I didn't remember it being that high.

Edit/add: I think my snow today is a whopping .25 inches. For statistical significance, that's good enough. Should make 100 percent of climo this year.

So is this the thread we are using now Im so confused lol? Got nothing here minus a dusting in shaded areas, pretty much a flop. Was neat to see though and I dont remember ever seeing snow this early in my 40 yrs.

Oh and JoMo thnx for pointing me to this area, probly wouldn't have found it haha

Yeah, this is our winter seasonal thread for our area. The other thread is a medium-long range thread for the Central US.

Archived