Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Costal storm discussion 10-21-14 to 10-23-14

Allsnow

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised this wasn't posted yet, Wind Advisory for all of Suffolk County until 2am. Honestly I would've issued it earlier if I was the National Weather Service, as winds were like this all afternoon. On another note, I could look it up, but does anybody know the difference between a high wind warning and an extreme wind warning? Has an extreme wind warning ever been issued before? If so I don't remember. I guess maybe with the higher category hurricanes?

WW_WIND_SUMMER_LI.jpg

If you look at long radar loop you can see the southern two thirds of Block Island get absolutely killed with a powerful line of heavy rain while the northern third stayed completely dry. It went from red echoes to basically nothing in an incredibly short distance.

post-164-0-28405900-1414029706_thumb.png

Wow I absolutely love these type of storms. At first earlier today it looked like it was gonna be a bust but that surely changed. It is absolutely beautiful outside. I just wish it was snow than we'd be talking about an easy foot or more for NYC metro! I can't wait for another month and half and were in game! Nice nor'easter though! Cold too it's not really warm out, especially with those wind shoveling at least 30mph!

Archived