Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2014 Banter

North Balti Zen

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just hope people here are more relaxed compared to last winter. A lot of people were on the edge. Just go with the flow and drink some tea.

You're relatively new here so I'll just say that someone will always complain even if they are getting the best wx ever in the history of earth

Looks better.  Get rid of the GOA trough and retrograding it back to the Aleutians.  November can torch up until Thanksgiving for all I care.  I won't like it, but I can deal.

Luckily, I'll be in Fairbanks, AK for Thanksgiving. No torch for me (or I think?) :ee:

Looks better.  Get rid of the GOA trough and retrograding it back to the Aleutians.  November can torch up until Thanksgiving for all I care.  I won't like it, but I can deal.

It has traditionally been a death sentence for areas south of 40N in every year except 09-10. Some contributors argue for a rare average winter instead of the usual feast or famine.

Sure thing. I just wanted to get this over with, as the upfront unraveling was pretty much inevitable.

I'm not here to cause trouble or post BS wind obs every other hour. I initially made the new account (after coordinating with admin) because the AmWx model was paywalled. I openly explained that I was a banned member. I requested to have my posting privaleges removed so I wouldn't get lured back into anything, but after I was told to make a new account, the temptation to post got the best of me.

It's been a long several years. Back in the earlier years I was going through serious drug addiction issues. The stuff about the weights. winds, etc were fabricated stories an attempt for attention, in order to supplement my falling grades and spiraling depression. Pretty Pathetic, and embarrassing to admit. Probably will be a laughing stock for awhile as a result, but heh, I earned it.

So I totally understand my place here. In July of 2012 I decided to seek help at Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital, and over a period of 18 months was able to right myself, somewhat at least (I hope).

I really hope that one day, I'll redeem myself from the errors I made in my teenage years. My love for the weather and climate is truly what kept me going, even through the miserable 2011-2013 winters. That's the only reason I'm back, and I hope to have a full degree shortly.

All the best, to all.

Sure thing. I just wanted to get this over with, as the upfront unraveling was pretty much inevitable.

I'm not here to cause trouble or post BS wind obs every other hour. I initially made the new account (after coordinating with admin) because the AmWx model was paywalled. I openly explained that I was a banned member. I requested to have my posting privaleges removed so I wouldn't get lured back into anything, but after I was told to make a new account, the temptation to post got the best of me.

It's been a long several years. Back in the earlier years I was going through serious drug addiction issues. The stuff about the weights. winds, etc were fabricated stories an attempt for attention, in order to supplement my falling grades and spiraling depression. Pretty Pathetic, and embarrassing to admit. Probably will be a laughing stock for awhile as a result, but heh, I earned it.

So I totally understand my place here. In July of 2012 I decided to seek help at Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital, and over a period of 18 months was able to right myself, somewhat at least (I hope).

I really hope that one day, I'll somehow redeem myself from the errors I made in my teenage years. My love for the weather and climate is truly what kept me going, even through the miserable 2011-2013 winters. That's the only reason I'm back, and I hope to have a full degree shortly.

All the best, to all.

We all make mistakes I suppose. Sorry to here about your drug issues, glad to hear things are looking better.

I really hope that one day, I'll redeem myself from the errors I made in my teenage years. My love for the weather and climate is truly what kept me going, even through the miserable 2011-2013 winters. That's the only reason I'm back, and I hope to have a full degree shortly.

All the best, to all.

I am glad to hear that the drug issues are behind you. It takes courage to seek help and i am happy that you did. This is America and everyone deserves a second chance. So i for one welcome you, but i will miss those grill cover flying posts :).

Welcome back, BB, and respect for your honesty and openness. I'm actually still bummed that your forecast for, was it March '13, never panned out....

Thanks everyone, I'm very lucky to have been given this opportunity and will make the most of it.

Yeah, that forecast was a naive disaster. I've toyed with a bunch of analoging techniques since then, and if I've learned anything it's that the older analogs can be sketchy. Unfortunately I've only had limited success so far, but I got my best results when I weighted ENSO analogs by QBO and August to November solar forcing.

All the best, to all.

i hope rehab helped you with your back problems!

https://www.medstarhealth.org/nrh/Pages/Services-and-Locations/MedStar-National-Rehabilitation-Services.aspx

Hmmm......by the time you get to Hawksbill....assuming you enter the park via the Front Royal entrance......you could be most of the way to Davis by then. Go there instead. Especially considering that Hawksbill is at about mile marker 45 on a road with a speed limit of 35. It can be painfully slow going up there on the weekend. 

Heading up to Shenandoah on Saturday. Provided we don't get QPF whiffed I imagine the top of Hawksbill (4k feet) should see a couple inches.

Today I sued some of the old American/easternwx snow presentation in a lecture to a synoptics class at U of MD.  It was fun as the students were a good group.   I was with DTK's synoptic metoerology class. 

On a different note.  BB welcome back.  Second chances are good.  Most of us make mistakes somewhere along the line.

Thanks.

Just to clear up any confusion, I initially went to Medstar for nutritional counseling during the withdrawal process as my weight and physical health were becoming problems https://www.medstarhealth.org/nrh/Pages/Services-and-Locations/Outpatient-Services/Nutrition-Counseling-.aspx

I was referred to the Kolmac Clinic for further guidance during the withdrawal process: http://www.kolmac.com

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully being a positive contributor here.

Thanks.

Just to clear up any confusion, I initially went to Medstar for nutritional counseling during the withdrawal process as my weight and physical health were becoming problems https://www.medstarhealth.org/nrh/Pages/Services-and-Locations/Outpatient-Services/Nutrition-Counseling-.aspx

I was referred to the Kolmac Clinic for further guidance during the withdrawal process: http://www.kolmac.com

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully being a positive contributor here.

Best of luck. Hope everything works out for you.

Archived