joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAP shows redevelopment later this afternoon along the I-70 corridor...it's actually picking up the on the current erosion of the precip.

I can't get rap to update past the 2z run. And yes it does show redevelopment but it'd be nice to see a new run of to see if it still shows that. Also that's when most local mets have the rain mix.

the drying out along the I-70 corridor on radar is a bit disturbing....but who knows if it'll fill back in.  Still snowing here though.

As far as the 84hr nam....it isn't by itself.  You should see the ukmet...  12-18" along the I-70 corridor, riding precip up the front later this week... :lol:

Would that not be the topping to this late start to winter!! Lol

Not sure why Franklin County isn't under a warning. It seems we will be solidly within the criteria with what's already fallen and the look of the radar.

Criteria for a warning (at least here) is 6" in 12 hrs. The thinking for no warning here is the 6" will occur over a period of almost 24 hrs.

the drying out along the I-70 corridor on radar is a bit disturbing....but who knows if it'll fill back in. Still snowing here though.

As far as the 84hr nam....it isn't by itself. You should see the ukmet... 12-18" along the I-70 corridor, riding precip up the front later this week... :lol:

Ukie has had a heluva year!

Ukie has had a heluva year!

hard to tell p-type, but it looks like the 12zuk is holding to the idea of a ton of moisture developing up the front Wednesday-Thursday thru OH.

GGEM moving towards the 'idea' of 'something on the front'...shows 2 or 3 inches of snow Wednesday night/ Thursday in the same general area, (s.IN thru c. OH). 

GFS wants nothing to do with it.    It'll be interesting to see what the euro shows, if anything.

Believe it or not I've gone from 4" to a little over 3 in the past couple hours even with it snowing. The rates just aren't fast enough. So I'm basically just clearing spots and remeasuring at this point.

With these marginal temps we were always going to need good rates and steady precip....so unless radar blossoms, we've probably seen most of what this event is going to give....about 4".   Although not giving up yet for a period of snow later on.

With these marginal temps we were always going to need good rates and steady precip....so unless radar blossoms, we've probably seen most of what this event is going to give....about 4". Although not giving up yet for a period of snow later on.

RAP Has it redeveloping a heavy band and 2-4" my way

The last really decent ana-frontal precip storm I can recall was December 6, 2013. I believe some 5-8" type amounts occurred over parts of central and SW Ohio, and even Athens got a nice thump on the tail end of it. Similar pattern to what's modeled later this week with a front stalling as it runs into a SE ridge with a trough centered over the upper Plains, and great upper level jet support.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin-spc/getuadata.pl?MyDate1=131206&Time1=12&MyDate2=&Time2=12&align=V&Levels=All

We shall see.

The last really decent ana-frontal precip storm I can recall was December 6, 2013. I believe some 5-8" type amounts occurred over parts of central and SW Ohio, and even Athens got a nice thump on the tail end of it. Similar pattern to what's modeled later this week with a front stalling as it runs into a SE ridge with a trough centered over the upper Plains, and great upper level jet support.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin-spc/getuadata.pl?MyDate1=131206&Time1=12&MyDate2=&Time2=12&align=V&Levels=All

We shall see.

euro has it now as well.  The axis of heaviest is thru Central KY into WV.  Brings a couple of inches up to about CMH.  A significant northward shift from it's 00z run.    This one is getting interesting.  You might have picked a bad time to leave Athens for spring break, (assuming you have).

euro has it now as well. The axis of heaviest is thru Central KY into WV. Brings a couple of inches up to about CMH. A significant northward shift from it's 00z run. This one is getting interesting. You might have picked a bad time to leave Athens for spring break, (assuming you have).

Ukie makes no sense. I've never seen a back end thump like that ever. And btw drizzle here now lol. Dryslot is huge. See if the RAP is correct it should enhance and rebuild.

We shall see.

Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot about that one last winter.  It even had the cutter the day before....I forgot that system was ana-frontal precip.  Certainly not a typical setup for snow here in Ohio but if we can get the front to stall just right and actually have a bit of a surface wave develop, someone could potentially get dumped on.

Archived