Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you guys expecting moderate to heavy snow all day? If it kept up like this morning all day we'd get a foot! This lull in the snow after the initial batch was well modeled. It looks like Columbus will have maybe 4" in a couple hours when this first batch lets up.

Will go out here shortly to see what's happening. Was out at 6AM and the snow was surprisingly dry here, although surface temps were still in the 10's so maybe that makes sense. Intensity has slowly been picking up and we are now at a legitimate 1/4 mile vis heavy snow with medium sized flakes, and this could continue an hour or two before letting up.

Everyone gets another upper level boost from the right-entrance quad of a jet streak this afternoon and the vort max going by which should allow for another burst in much of the state mid to late afternoon even if radar looks bad now. If you're at 4" in Columbus by 10 or 11AM and then get another burst of a couple inches you're pretty much right on track for your 4-8".

looks like right around 4" here in the ville.    Honestly this was modeled pretty well.   As OHweather said they did show a lull, and it was right around 9am.    They also showed it filling back in as well, so we'll have to see how that works out.  

We're all weenies so when we hear 4-8"  we only hear 8" lol.

Started snowing here in SW Greene Co. about 2am last night. Really thought I was going to wake up to a big snow finally with this system, but no, only 2.75" so far and it's all but quit now, and its 24 degrees.   Don't really like the looks of all that heavy rain heading up the Ohio river, could bull it's way into this cold air really easy now at these temps!

looks like right around 4" here in the ville. Honestly this was modeled pretty well. As OHweather said they did show a lull, and it was right around 9am. They also showed it filling back in as well, so we'll have to see how that works out.

We're all weenies so when we hear 4-8" we only hear 8" lol.

Was hoping it would go tilt a tad before moving off. hoping to get another 3" here to hit midlevel on my call. Any reports in southern Ohio for totals? Curious how I'm doing down there.

Where? Looks like all dry air on my radar.

attachicon.gifinmreoh_-1.png

atmosphere is juiced, wouldn't take much for that area to start filling in....in fact looking at that you'd think there would be no snow falling here, but it's snowing now.    Southern half of IN filling in and I suspect that will continue to be the case across sw half of OH

atmosphere is juiced, wouldn't take much for that area to start filling in....in fact looking at that you'd think there would be no snow falling here, but it's snowing now. Southern half of IN filling in and I suspect that will continue to be the case across sw half of OH

That's one positive. It's still snowing here as well, albeit lightly. Only concern now is as I just said it seems like it's moving almost due east.

Archived