SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Ongoing Banter Thread

Carvers Gap

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a lot of winter panic (On Dec 18th) going on in a lot of the threads, by met's too.  I am still very confident of a good winter.  I might be proven wrong in the end, but if I need to go down with the ship.............so be it.  

I'd rather let the analogs be proven wrong than switch positions at this point.  :-)  Since I don't do this for a living, I can do things like this.  lol

LOL. Tnweathernut, did you 12z GFS!? Wow. As someone on the SE Board said...looks like the North Koreans messed with it.

I did, pretty crazy run. One thing is a LOCK, and that is crazy good western Canada/Alaska block. That will get larger/colder highs involved. That said, I think the GFS is overdone with cold, but wouldn't be surprised at all if that ridge holds nicely for a period longer than currently shown on the Euro.... Meaning colder longer.

Guess we will see, but I think the pattern is progressing nicely.

Driving home from Morristown to Kingsport, there was a driving rain w/ gusts 35.  Was absolutely howling.  Reminded me of Halloween instead of Christmas.  Interestingly, I think Halloween was colder. 

I thought the same driving home from Erwin last night. Wind was whipping at times!

Merry Christmas to all y'all!  :santa:

Driving home from Morristown to Kingsport, there was a driving rain w/ gusts 35.  Was absolutely howling.  Reminded me of Halloween instead of Christmas.  Interestingly, I think Halloween was colder. 

Did I put this in banter?  I thought I put in OBS....  If someone moved this, my post was certainly not banter.  If I put it here, it's on me.  But I am 90% sure I put this in OBS. 

Somebody has a quick trigger, if so...back off.

Just had to share this...I am rewatching The Book of Manning. One of my college roommates narrates part of this story on ESPN, R. McGee...does a great job. He does the part where Eli goes to Ole Miss.

Wow that's really cool that Ryan McGee was your roommate! I have read and watched a lot of his NASCAR stuff over the last few years. I really like him and Marty Smith.

McGee is a great guy. We were buddies at the Baptist Student Union at UTK. That is a special group of people. From that same group...one teaches at the Air Force Academy, another is at the Pentagon. I could go on...but I believe they may have been the smartest group of people(good people too) that I have ever been around. I have been blessed, by this group on Am Wx as well, by being around people who are really good at what they do.

I'm about to head off to my annual New Years eve sojourn to Chattanooga. I'll be there Wednesday- Saturday. So of course there's a 60 percent chance of freezing rain/sleet/snow on tap for my area Thursday night into Friday morning.

Amazing how that seems to work out year after year.  LOL!

Ya'll, somebody needs to start posting something. Even drunk eggnog posts would be welcome. Plenty to discuss...potential SSWs, conflicting opinions about the upcoming pattern, Cohen's new article released today. Let's go. We wanted a TN Valley forum, let's use it. Cheers!

Cohen cracks me up. It's always another 2-3 weeks. Come March he will be right

Cohen cracks me up. It's always another 2-3 weeks. Come March he will be right

The guy has great ideas. Took Edison a while to get the light bulb working... But yes, he quietly just kicks it down the road. Honestly, I can barely understand about 2/3 of it. Best I can tell, northwest Asia is in control of the the NH's wx pattern. LOL.

The guy has great ideas. Took Edison a while to get the light bulb working... But yes, he quietly just kicks it down the road. Honestly, I can barely understand about 2/3 of it. Best I can tell, northwest Asia is in control of the the NH's wx pattern. LOL.

Lol I agree about understanding some it. And I'm not knocking the guy. he did the research not me. I guess its just frustrating

Ya'll, somebody needs to start posting something. Even drunk eggnog posts would be welcome. Plenty to discuss...potential SSWs, conflicting opinions about the upcoming pattern, Cohen's new article released today. Let's go. We wanted a TN Valley forum, let's use it. Cheers!

lol..once again sorry about that.I must have drunk about a case of Mich ultra that day,the egg nog was tasting good.The mind set was a different story.:)

lol..once again sorry about that.I must have drunk about a case of Mich ultra that day,the egg nog was tasting good.The mind set was a different story.:)

Jax! Was missing your posts. Heck, you know I am just teasing. Honestly, I got a good laugh out of it. Bout time for some bootleg(catch that) wx maps for the upcoming pattern...

People, life is too short to wait until next winter...

Jax! Was missing your posts. Heck, you know I am just teasing. Honestly, I got a good laugh out of it. Bout time for some bootleg(catch that) wx maps for the upcoming pattern...

People, life is too short to wait until next winter...

Glad you feel that way.I had a guilty conscience ever since that,main reason why i stepped away and took a lil break

Archived